This is probably a stupid question, I just got Sennheiser 558's and was wondering if plugging them into my guitar amplifier could damage them in anyway, I have a Yamaha THR10X?
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Quote by Tulkas

Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
It's actually designed for you to do that, you know.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
yeah, I didn't know if the guitar frequencies could hurt the headphones over time.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Quote by Tulkas

Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
Quote by entropicxdisson
yeah, I didn't know if the guitar frequencies could hurt the headphones over time.

not at all if that were true how are you supposed to listen to guitar based music
Quote by entropicxdisson

Why would they? Have you ever listened to rock music on your headphones? I mean, it uses guitar and there are also other instruments. So there are guitar frequencies + the frequencies the other insruments play.

And why would the amp have a headphone output if you couldn't use headphones with it?

Just don't crank up the volume. You may blow up the speakers in your headphones and your ears too.

Use common sense.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by MaggaraMarine
Just don't crank up the volume. You may blow up the speakers in your headphones and your ears too.
That is one of the less likely things ever, and 10w wouldn't be near enough.
If you like it cranked, just crank it.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.