A few weeks ago, through a local guitar store, I ordered a custom G&L USA Comanche in blue burst with the G&L slim C neck (profile 1a), white pearl pickguard, and locking tuners. It arrived yesterday, so today I picked it up. I'm excited to have this guitar, and I think it sounds pretty good. One thing is that the neck feels a little thicker than I expected. I had hoped the 'slim' would refer to the back of the neck, but G&L's page showing their neck specs shows only differing fret depths and neck radiuses.. Also, there is some weird color pattern on the back of the neck near the headstock (see the attached picture) - Should I be concerned about that?
Attachments:
1 - Certificate of Authenticity.jpg
2 - Specifications.jpg
3 - Front.jpg
5 - Back.jpg
Neck anomaly near headstock.png
I would register and post the pictures on the G&L web site
http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/ ....... G&L does have a 10 year warranty on the complete guitar .... did you buy this from a dealer ?? ...... I would like to see some better pictures of the neck ..... I don't think that mark should be there .....

BTW I love my Comanche ..... yours is sweet too !!
Very nice

Not sure about the neck- there are a number of things it could be, some serious, some not (don't quote me on that ). It could just be the natural wood grain, or maybe it was hanging on a hanger and has decoloured etc. etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Congratulations. G&L doesn't get the credit for making a quality product that they deserve.
Ibanez SR1200E
I went back to the store today with the guitar to ask about it. He said it's the natural wood grain and is nothing unusual.. I'm still somewhat skeptical, and if I ever decide to sell this guitar, I am concerned that I may have trouble finding a buyer due to the neck.
I contacted G&L customer service, and they made a new neck & shipped it to the store, who installed the neck for me. A few pics:

Nice axe...and even better customer service.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?