Anybody ever play their amp with some sort of a moderate constant background noise going on; such as a washer/dryer, or a blow dryer?

I was playing guitar the other night (master at about 1/10) and my girlfriend was in the adjacent room (about 8 feet away with the door open) blow drying her hair. The second the blow dryer came on, i noticed my perception of my tone was a good deal different. It sounded a lot more saturated (even with medium gain), had a lot more sizzle, and body. Bass sounded a lot tighter too.

I really like the effect. Im thinking of putting a fan in the room with me and putting it on for white noise to see if that has the same effect. Anybody else notice this, or understand it?
Quote by suckmahnuts
Watterboy, I love you.

Quote by davrossss
You are now my favourite person on UG.....You write cool shit.

Quote by wannabestoner69

The only explanation I can offer is that the noise is increasing the overall signal into the tubes (ie noise plus guitar signal) making the distortion marginally greater. Turn up your gain a tiny bit. It should have the same effect.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
i wouldn't know. however, i'll tell you about another phenomenon involving fans that drove me crazy until i figured in out. due to the reflection of sound by the spinning blades, every individual note you pluck, especially on the higher strings, will sound like your frets have massive issues with leveling/crowning. that drove me crazy for about two months during summer. just keep that in mind if you try out the fan thing.
Now I want to experement with fans in front of my amps. See if that does amything.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
i wouldn't know. however, i'll tell you about another phenomenon involving fans that drove me crazy until i figured in out. due to the reflection of sound by the spinning blades, every individual note you pluck, especially on the higher strings, will sound like your frets have massive issues with leveling/crowning. that drove me crazy for about two months during summer. just keep that in mind if you try out the fan thing.

This was the first thing I thought of after reading the op.
I saw a video of a guy that took the blades off a rotating fan, attached the mic to the rotating part, and mic'ed his amp that way into a recording console.
Gave it a phasing effect.
Was pretty awesome.