For the inevitable long breaks in college I'll have next semester.
Here are my options so far, please tell me if they are any good. I mostly care about doing metal rhythms.

1) VOX amPlug: metal + headphones

2) Samsung Galaxy + USBeffects + headphones :
I heard apple has way better programs for guitar, but I don't own one. Are they that good? I might be able to get my dad's old one if so.

3) Marshall MS-2C + adapter + headphones
I'm not really too good with the app stuff but they're shiny so I buy 'em, first apple, now android. For ishit I like garageband the best. Easy (for the most), lotsa features in the basic app and from screwing around a bit, I thought it sounded a lil better then the previous 2 I had ( 1 was some sorta fender licensed thing, I forget the other I had). An ipod touch is tiny and cheap (you can buy 'em used all over the place.

Now I have an Android phone and have yet to find anything good. Maybe someone else on here can point one out for both of us.

Probably doesnt help much.

Edit: WAIT! Actually I meant to say get an amp modeling mfx since you're using headphones all the time.It'll be much better in all concerns.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Last edited by lucky1978 at Jun 7, 2014,
Vox makes headphones with amps built into them now. Anyway I say headphones and a used pod. (Not the pocket pod)
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
If you have an audio interface or any other method of connecting your guitar to your computer with low latency, you could get an amp sim on your computer, there's some great free ones like lepou lecto or nick crow 8505 etc.
Peavey 6505+ Head (Left)
Line 6 Spider IV HD150 Head (Right)
Marshall 1960A 4x12
ESP DV-8
Ibanez RG T42DX
Agile Hornet Pro 727
Look at the Korg Pandora series (PX5D and Mini) with headphones. Battery powered.
Consider a Line 6 Pod HD (bean) with headphones.
The computer isn't a bad idea either but unless it has a good soundcard and lots of availible proccessing power its kind of like pissing in the wind. Also if he is being mobile the added weight and bulk may be cumbersome.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
get a Line 6 POD and a decent set of headphone
You can get the POD XT bean for $65 on ebay and they work great for silent practice. I bought one last year just for that and I am 100% happy with my choice
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Jun 8, 2014,