Poll: the thingy
Poll Options
View poll results: the thingy
special
0 0%
g400
10 100%
Voters: 10.
I'm choosing between the Epiphone SG Special and the G400. My budget is up to 300 and I don't really bother a used guitar other than it's red with a half face plate. I will be play genres of rock and alternative that's not older than the 80's. I will mostly be using it for myself and not much for gigging and stuff. I my budget doesn't include an amp but eventually I'll need one. I'll be using a friends from time to time. The only problem is if I should upgrade the special, which givese time to save money for pickups and junk OR keep the g400 as it is.
agile? let some of thier cult leaders in.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by peskypesky
the new G-400 Pros are driving me mad with GAS.

I'd go for this. if you can find a Vintage (guitar company not old guitar) SG style I'd think about that real hard to. I have one and greatly prefer it to the Epi's.
Well the g400 is a higher end guitar. It's normally a bad idea to generalise, but normally it makes more sense to buy the better out-of-the-box guitar than to buy a cheaper guitar with a mind to upgrading it later. especially if that cheaper guitar is beginner-quality, as the special is (far as I'm aware, I haven't tried it).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by cheesefries
That is one sexy guitar.

yup

and so are these. i want the whole set!

Last edited by peskypesky at Jun 9, 2014,