Hi!
I'm writing from Italy.
My reference sound is blues rock sound. I play pop-rock-indie music.
I built an 1x12 cabinet.
I'm focused on Creamback model.
But...
Because I want to play this cabinet (as an option) along with another one (1x12) equipped with a Vintage 30 ...

Which Creamback, in your opinion, between H75 and M65, works better (and complementary) with Vintage 30?

Do you have other advice, on other speakers also?

Thanks so much

Bye
Quote by cico80
My reference sound is blues rock sound. I play pop-rock-indie music.
An example of the tone you like would help.
Like, what bands, what songs... ?

The H75 should resemble more a v30, so I'd get the M65 for the higher variety.
Creamback though are (imo) something of the sort of a greenback mixed with a v30, so since you already have a v30 I'd go for a greenback (or a greenback copy) altogether.

You may also wanna have a look at this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du5sn1wtZWA
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I haven't tried the creamback versions, but assuming they're broadly similar to the lower wattage speakers they're based on (the greenback and g12h30), I'd have said the H75 would work better with a V30. A greenback with a v30 can be a bit middy, whereas a g12h30 has fewer mids and complements the v30 nicely.

Maybe email celestion to see what they say?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I used to have a pair of Orange 112 cabs I'd stack at gigs. 1 had a V30 the other had a G12H30. At 100 dbl they both play very well together. No experience with creambacks.
Thanks for the answers...

I have asked to celestion and this is their answer: "The speakers in a mix have to be the same impedance. To get the most even mix of the two speakers they should have a close ‘sensitivity’ (loudness) figure. In your case the G12H-75 Creamback will give you the most equal mix with the V30 as it has a similar 100dB sensitivity. But with sensitivity comes TONE and a 97/98dB G12M Creamback will add warmth and take aggression out of the V30. Overall the V30 at 100dB will dominate but the G12M will add to the bottom end so warming up the sound. If you love the V30 tone go for the 75W H to add to it but if you wat to tame down the aggression go for the 65W M"...Hmmm mumble mumble... ;-)
That's weird. I wonder how much more bottom end/different a creamback is over a regular G12m. I paired a G12M and a V30 in a 212 once and the only thing I could hear was the V30. I felt the greenback useless in that pair without a mic.
fwiw i believe Dr. Z uses a G12H and V30 combo for their cabs. i would probably match with a H75
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I'm not a great believer in mixing speakers. It's not that there's anything bad about it (unless you get speakers that have sensitivity or impedance mismatches) -- it's just that from what I've heard of the actual differences over the years, it's pretty much cork sniffery with little effect on actual tone.

There's also this: some speakers change sound once they've been broken in. The Vintage 30's are very much in this camp. If you have a new Vintage 30 and play it by itself or even coupled with a different speaker, you'll find that over time the Vintage 30 (and possibly the other, different speaker as well) has changed, and now what?

My favorite combo amp has two well-broken-in Vintage 30's. That whole folderol of "taming the aggression" of a new speaker can easily be handled by just playing the silly things.
^ Yeah v30s especially benefit a lot from breaking in. And I'd only mix and match in certain situations- you can go seriously wrong if you're not careful and end up with something which sounds weird. That being said, the most-used mixes normally sound pretty good, and depending on what you're after it's just another thing you can tweak to sound the way you want.

Quote by cico80
Thanks for the answers...

I have asked to celestion and this is their answer: "The speakers in a mix have to be the same impedance. To get the most even mix of the two speakers they should have a close ‘sensitivity’ (loudness) figure. In your case the G12H-75 Creamback will give you the most equal mix with the V30 as it has a similar 100dB sensitivity. But with sensitivity comes TONE and a 97/98dB G12M Creamback will add warmth and take aggression out of the V30. Overall the V30 at 100dB will dominate but the G12M will add to the bottom end so warming up the sound. If you love the V30 tone go for the 75W H to add to it but if you wat to tame down the aggression go for the 65W M"...Hmmm mumble mumble... ;-)

That's funny. I'd have said the opposite, but that's based on the lower wattage versions (which may well not sound the same).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
In a 1x12 I'd rather have a CL-80 for the music TS plays

V30, G12m and G12h30 speaker can sound really thin when used alone.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
yeah i thought the cl80 sounded pretty big alone. I don't have that much experience with 1x12s, though (IIRC I was just running speakers singly in a stereo 2x12 )
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?