Hey guys.
I have this "problem", where I am, and play left-handed. Because of this, I've only played maybe 5 different types of electric guitars in my life. I have an american standard strat, and a mexican tele. I've played epiphone LP standards and mexican standard strats, and the odd $300 ibanez here and there.

Because of this, I have no real idea of if I would like a fatter neck or not. I think in theory I would. I'm in the market for a les paul, probably traditional, but I'm not sure if the neck will be a huge benefit or detraction for me personally. I've held and noodled around on a right-handed model and it seems nice, but it's hard to tell without really being able to play it.

Basically, although I know it's super subjective, I really have no other choice but to ask you guys for your opinions. How do you feel about the fatter necks vs the 60's slim-taper style? I play a lot of blues and rock and I'm an "indie" songwriter. I love Slash, SRV, Steve Vai, and Buckethead. I love my pentatonic shredding and I'm really into legato playing right now. So what say you? Thanks and sorry for the lengthy post!
I don't mind a fatter neck.

Go try a Gibson LP with the 50's neck, even the studio has a 50's profile (on most models)
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
I don't mind a fatter neck.

Go try a Gibson LP with the 50's neck, even the studio has a 50's profile (on most models)

I've legitimately never seen a real gibson LP left-handed at any store and I live on Long Island, so there are tons within a fair range from me. I played a gibson LPJ once, actually, but i hated the look of it and didn't give it much attention. It's sold now, i think
Last edited by RyanMW2010 at Jun 8, 2014,
Quote by RyanMW2010
I've legitimately never seen a real gibson LP left-handed at any store and I live on Long Island, so there are tons within a fair range from me. I played a gibson LPJ once, actually, but i hated the look of it and didn't give it much attention. It's sold now, i think

I can understand, but you can turn the righty over and see if you like the feel of the neck. It will give you an idea if you like it or not.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
My Les Paul has a 60s slim taper and Its a fast neck, but the 50's style is really nice as well. My next les paul will have the 50's neck.