Hi there,

I am having an issue with my Berhenger X-2222 Mixer which is going into my Fantom G-8 Workstation. Sound is only playing out of one side of the headphones and showing up on only one side of the mixer levels, and the sound is distorted regardless of the volume it is played at. It also doesn't register sound output on the mixer levels unless I turn the mixer and keyboard up to nearly full volume. At a comfortable and appropriate recording volume, nearly nothing is picked up by the mixer (all that is is still only heard through the left side mind you).

Note: Yesterday I had the same issue (minus the buzz/distortion), and I put my headphones in my computer directly and listened to I-Tunes and it worked fine (through both ears). I also plugged the piano directly into the keyboard without the mixer and it worked fine through both the right and left headphones, so it is a problem with the mixer itself.

The keyboard is a Roland Fantom G8, the mixer is a Berhenger Xenyx X-2222, and my headphones are Sennheiser HD-25-II's.

I'm not sure what to do regarding it and made a video about it so you guys could see more clearly what is happening.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9cd8p3fGtA

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
To live: To paint with all the colors of experience and embrace forever the creation you make, because no matter what the product is, it's always your masterpiece.
Last edited by Luna Eclipsed at Jun 8, 2014,
OK
1/ you said your using the inputs on the keyboard,. that should be Outputs,. your outputting or sending the signal to your mixer. so use the outputs NOT the inputs on the keyboard.

2/ Don't uses a Y cable from your keyboard uses single cables for both left and right FROM keyboard into the mixer ( much better sound)

3/ Don't plugin in single channel with a stereo signal uses the stereo channels starting at 11/12 would be best.

4/ headphones hard to tell but they should be plugin into the mixer not your keyboard.

5/ You have a USB enable mixer,.so make sure you turn that red USB button OFF if you just using the mixer NOT connected to a Computer. ( this tricked me with that model )

hope it helps
Last edited by T4D at Jun 9, 2014,
Quote by T4D
OK
1/ you said your using the inputs on the keyboard,. that should be Outputs,. your outputting or sending the signal to your mixer. so use the outputs NOT the inputs on the keyboard.

2/ Don't uses a Y cable from your keyboard uses single cables for both left and right FROM keyboard into the mixer ( much better sound)

3/ Don't plugin in single channel with a stereo signal uses the stereo channels starting at 11/12 would be best.

4/ headphones hard to tell but they should be plugin into the mixer not your keyboard.

5/ You have a USB enable mixer,.so make sure you turn that red USB button OFF if you just using the mixer NOT connected to a Computer. ( this tricked me with that model )

hope it helps

Thank you a lot! I had it plugged into the outputs. I fixed the fuzzy sound problem by connecting two separate mono jacks into from the mono outputs (R and L) in my keyboard, to two separate channels in my mixer. I am still not able to play any sound through the right side though. I've even tried switching which places I plug the jacks into on the mixer and the problem persists.
To live: To paint with all the colors of experience and embrace forever the creation you make, because no matter what the product is, it's always your masterpiece.
Last edited by Luna Eclipsed at Jun 9, 2014,