I expect it would be capable of more endearing conversations than the majority of people that I have conversations with on facebook:
Hey, how are you?
Yeah, I'm good thanks, yourself?
Yeah man, you up to much?
Nah, **** all dude, just bored, yourself?
Same man
Conversation over

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
1/3 judges
33% judges.
How about they do a test with only one retarded judge and they could put "100% of the judges thought the chatbot was a human" in the article?

edit: wow, "retarded" is by default censored.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Last edited by Guodlca at Jun 9, 2014,
Can we get one and give it its own thread?
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by Guodlca

edit: wow, "retarded" is by default censored.

Did you really just get that?

I knew this was a snipel thread just by the title.

Also, I have a book that says that other machines have "passed" the Turing test before.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
They made the bot imitate a foreign 13 year old boy whose first language was not English...it was basically cheating and it still barely tricked 1/3 of the judges.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
They made the bot imitate a foreign 13 year old boy whose first language was not English...it was basically cheating and it still barely tricked 1/3 of the judges.

haterz gonna hate
having it pretend to be a 13-year-old, non-native-English-speaking Ukrainian.

Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
That chatbot gives the appearance of being too mature for the Pit. Apparently it can pass for a 13 year-old.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I am not afraid of bots of this type posting on UG... I am afraid most of the "real" users would not pass the Turing test..
Quote by James Hetfield
Justice is lost, Justice is raped, Justice is GONE.

http://www.youtube.com/intwernet
Guitar and acoustic bass covers with creative editing
Quote by intwernet
I am not afraid of bots of this type posting on UG... I am afraid most of the "real" users would not pass the Turing test..

Haha, very funny post! I much enjoyed the joke
Quote by intwernet

Plenty of humans have failed this test.

All it does is "determines" who is "more human"

i.e., who or what can fool the judge. It's not an intelligence test in the way of how smart you are.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
btw how does a human being come up with a "humanity scale" ? I mean, there's no chance of making anything even remotely close to that. Logic depends on many things, so does any other cognition.
I'm not really impressed with it fooling 33% of the judges. To me that says it's only going to fool idiots, such as anybody who actually falls for those spambots that tell you they're a horny young girl who needs a good smashing but you'll have to go to her profile first.

Get it to fool more than 50% and I'll show some interest.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
That chatbot gives the appearance of being too mature for the Pit. Apparently it can pass for a 13 year-old.

where's that 457 undead lad. I think he's a chatbot.

i mean, a 14 year old can't be that creepy... right?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by Pastafarian96
I think I may have killed it. I pointed out a spelling error and it didn't reply.

i said "nice spelling error bud" and he said "glad you liked it"

cheeky bastard
banned
I asked it how many times it masturbated per day and replied "I didn't count actually, but much more than a dozen."

EDIT: then I asked it about sex and it told me a joke.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Jun 10, 2014,
ME: How often do you poop

Eugene Goostman: Very seldom. No more often than one time per month.

ME: How long is your dong.

Eugene Goostman: The size is really impressive. If you aren't very envious, you may have a glance at it during the next coffee-break!