Are these to good to be true? I saw them in a local guitar shop. I didn't get chance to try them.

Combo is priced at £199.99 and head and cabinet at £225.

I can't seem to find much online about them.

I currently have a Squier Afffinity HSS and Vintage v100 playing through either Fender Mustang 1 and Peavey Vypyr 30.

I'm interested classic rock The Who, The Stones, Bowie(Spiders From Mars era) and Hendrix. A bit of funk in the style of Eddie Hazel and Nile Rodgers and some of the British indie bands like The Stone Roses, The Smiths and Blur.
i've got the bog standard special 6. it's pretty nice for the price but you can also tell corners have been cut. also QC doesn't seem to be amazing, I've heard complaints about faulty ones (of most of their chinese-made amps).

Also thomann might be cheaper.

i think offworld has the ultra, maybe wait until he sees this
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yes I have one. That's amazing, that is basically what I paid for USED, maybe even cheaper (paid either $260 or $280 used).

It'll do what you want for sure, though you should play it to see how much you like it. If I could go back I would get something with a master volume.

It sounds absolutely amazing cranked up. I don't get to anymore, unfortunately.

What specifically would you like to know about it?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
my first special 6 was faulty
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by TheCasual2013
Cheers guys.

Reliability?

And can you get a bedroom level clean?

I have not had any issue with my Ultra. I can't speak for others though. If you can get it in person in a store, and it works, you're probably okay.

Bedroom level clean is easily attained. The wattage control essentially works like a gain control, but backwards (more watts = less distortion). Even at soft drummer levels you can stay pretty clean.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I have not had any issue with my Ultra. I can't speak for others though. If you can get it in person in a store, and it works, you're probably okay.

Bedroom level clean is easily attained. The wattage control essentially works like a gain control, but backwards (more watts = less distortion). Even at soft drummer levels you can stay pretty clean.

Cheers definitely.

I'm a clean to a crunch player. So was a bit wirried about head room.
Last edited by TheCasual2013 at Jun 11, 2014,
Recently purchased the Ultra 6 on a whim, and I'm very pleased with it. It's got really good clean tones. Turn it up and dial back the volume a bit, and you'll be really pleased. The additional top boost allows you to really kick up the volume. My favorite feature has to be the built in attenuator though. Lets you control the wattage and how early the amp breaks up. At it's lowest wattage, the amp breaks up really early. Additionally, it's got an FX loop, which I have yet to use, and it's own footswitch to put you into the boosted mode. I've had it for about 2 months, and haven't had any issues.

This amp is a LOT larger than I had expected... approaching the size of my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, but I'm really happy with my purchase. It ended up costing me $340 new

Side note: I treat this thing like a baby, so I can't comment on the durability
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper