Poll: What option should I go for?
Poll Options
View poll results: What option should I go for?
Jesus would choose option 1.
20 49%
Jesus would choose option 2.
17 41%
I would choose option 1.
24 59%
I would choose option 2.
17 41%
Option 3 - Sell your organs on the black market for less than they are worth.
17 41%
Voters: 41.
I have a slight dilemma and must make a choice.

I am currently in a work placement with a company that finishes in September, the company have expressed a desire to take me on permanently and have offered me a salary of £35K. Now this for me is a delicious offer and pretty much guarantees me a very comfortable life, however I thoroughly dislike the work environment there and the vast majority of the people I work alongside.

I also have another job offer on the table, I do not know much about this company and its employees, so cannot know for sure whether I will enjoy it more than the other job but I believe my chances of it being better are high, it is also in a better location. I am only being offered £25k here.

So firstly, what would Jesus do? Secondly, what would you do?

TL;DR - I have 2 job offers to pick from.
Option 1 - higher paid job, terrible work environment, poor location.
Option 2 - lower paid job, unknown work environment, good location.
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
Jesus is a bitch, take the money
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

What's stopping you from taking the higher paying job? Take it and if you really hate it that much, just quit, and you'll have more experience to maybe leverage a higher/similar pay for the next job.
Without knowing what field you are in, I would recommend to take the higher paid job, you can save your money and do something else later.
jesus wouldn't participate in a wage system
i don't know why i feel so dry
Be the change in your work environment you'd like to see. You can make that job better.
25k ain't a salary so sniff at bro.
Do a little research and pick your best option. If it's even slightly better working environment than the 35k one, take it.
I'd take the higher paying job, save, then look around for something different. But that's just me. You've got to do what you feel is best. If the work environment makes you miserable, go for the other job.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
A better question is WWRSD?

What would Ron Swanson do?

He would work wherever it was most accommodating to his lifestyle. That includes location, work, and pay.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Last edited by eGraham at Jun 9, 2014,
In dollars that works out to about $1400/month more for option 1. If you were to work for 30 years that's an extra $500k in salary. Invested over 30 years that's an extra $1,000,000 or more when you want to retire. I'm not sure why this is a question.
Last edited by BobDetroit at Jun 9, 2014,
Quote by willT08
Money's just money. Be as happy as you can

confirmed bum

and ^^ you and ^^^ you
10k more a year to deal with assholes? id take it
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Quote by BobDetroit
In dollars that works out to about $1400/month more for option 1. If you were to work for 30 years that's an extra $500k in salary. Invested over 30 years that's an extra $1,000,000 or more when you want to retire. I'm not sure why this is a question.

Nobody works a job for 30 years anymore. It's not the 60s.

OP:
Is either job what you want to be doing for the next chunk of your life? If no, does either job get you closer to what you want to be doing for the next chunk of your life?

If neither of these things is the case and they're both 'just jobs' I'd take the higher paying one. But if you're doing what you want to be doing and hope to build a career, then I think it becomes a lot more difficult. I'd lean towards the one that made me happier.

How significant is that 10k to you? Is it the difference between livin' the dream and just living comfortably, or the difference between comfort and not making the rent?

Can you negotiate salary at the new place? Even if you can get an extra 3-5k/year it might make the decision easier.

If it were me I'd go for the one that I didn't hate, but I've never had a real job, so what the fuck do I know?
Quote by jazz_rock_feel

OP:
Is either job what you want to be doing for the next chunk of your life? If no, does either job get you closer to what you want to be doing for the next chunk of your life?

If neither of these things is the case and they're both 'just jobs' I'd take the higher paying one. But if you're doing what you want to be doing and hope to build a career, then I think it becomes a lot more difficult. I'd lean towards the one that made me happier.

i like this advice
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
More pay, definitely. Unless you can negotiate wages and there's room for growth and promotions at the new place.
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Jesus would continue being a carpenter.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by tobysaurus
So firstly, what would Jesus do? Secondly, what would you do?

Jesus was a dirty hippy who got what was coming to him. **** that.

Take the higher paying job.
Quote by NotFromANUS
Jesus was a dirty hippy who got what was coming to him. **** that.
Dang hombre, das pretty edgy.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Try the second job. You don't know if it'll be good but you know your current one's bad. Life's too short to do shit you don't want to do.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I would have picked 2 if the pay wasn't such a big difference. 10k pounds is a lot. Suck it up and deal with the cunts at your work place, I'm sure it's worth an extra 10k a year.