Hello all, My name's Alex and I'm new to Ultimate guitar (Been using the tabs past few months I've been playing), I'm new to playing guitar, started playing back in March and I'm loving it. I'm really new to a lot of this but I'm absolutely livid about gathering as much knowledge as I can about playing guitar and learning to understand more about chords. At any point and time if people are around and willing to serve somewhat of a mentor purpose for me as I'm going through my beginning stages of learning guitar, it'd be a tremendous help. I'm looking forward to the coming years of learning and playing guitar and I hope to take this skill to my grave.
Hey, welcome Alex! Delighted to hear you are growing in your knowledge and passion of the guitar. I'm new here as well, and while I've played in the past it's been many years since I've picked up an instrument, so looking forward to getting back into it.

Welcome aboard, and enjoy your stay.
Quote by StarGeezerTim
Hey, welcome Alex! Delighted to hear you are growing in your knowledge and passion of the guitar. I'm new here as well, and while I've played in the past it's been many years since I've picked up an instrument, so looking forward to getting back into it.

Welcome aboard, and enjoy your stay.

Thanks a bunch, hopefully you'll be able to play just as well as you used to or be able to get back to that point.
Welcome Alex and good luck on your guitar journey. I too recently started playing electric guitar an it is a blast. What kind of guitar do you have?
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Fender Mustang II V2 Amp
Quote by shogunai
Welcome Alex and good luck on your guitar journey. I too recently started playing electric guitar an it is a blast. What kind of guitar do you have?

I have a Chinese squier by Fender, although I really have my eyes on getting a Fender Telecaster Standard Mexican made when I have the money, yourself?
I'm currently playing a Fender Standard Stratocaster - Mexican, Arctic WHite finish. One I polish up my skills on it, I'll probably upgrade to an American Strat.
Fender Mustang II V2 Amp
Quote by shogunai
I'm currently playing a Fender Standard Stratocaster - Mexican, Arctic WHite finish. One I polish up my skills on it, I'll probably upgrade to an American Strat.

Excellent, I'm tempted to work my ass off this summer to get enough money for a tele but I feel like it's too early, so I might just settle on getting a nice amp in a week since that'd make my current guitar playing much more enjoyable.
Which amp are you looking into getting?
Fender Mustang II V2 Amp
Quote by shogunai
Which amp are you looking into getting?

My friend said I should get a line 6 amp with a bunch of effects instead of going all out and getting a guitar. Him and I have same taste in music (We both love reverby type of sounds and what not) He said I could probably pick up an 80 buck amp from guitar center that'd have tons of effects including reverb and overdrive. From my experience, I've only played on 2 line 6 amps while at guitar center and thought they sounded good, but my experience with guitar gear is absolutely minimal.
Line 6 Amps are pretty nice, I actually always played on one of those when I go to Sam Ash. I currently have a Fender Mustang V2 amp that wasn't too expensive that as a few effects but nothing special. Best suited for learning in my opinion.
Fender Mustang II V2 Amp