I've been starting to mess with my DL4 pedal using the repeats knob cranked all the way to get an infinite loop. I want to be able to swing back the delay time while it's looping to get that rumbly sound that kinda sounds like a racecar (really no other way I can describe it, sorry). The only problem is that it gets REALLY loud when the repeats are stacking and it doesn't stop increasing in volume. Even with the volume on the amp all the way down, it still gets extremely loud. Is there any way to stop this?
Thanks
Quote by Sam Rulez D00d
The only problem is that it gets REALLY loud when the repeats are stacking and it doesn't stop increasing in volume.
That's called feedback, and it's what happens when you have your feedback knob over (usually) 50%.

To stop that you gotta get the expression pedal and control the feedback with that, lowering it when the thing starts to get too loud for you, but not low enough for it to completely fade.

Mind that doing that will also add a shit ton of noise.

That's the only way to do that, unless you find another way of controlling the feedback parameter.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
The best way I've found is to grab the mix knob and slowly lower it as the repeats get louder and louder.

Another option is to not set the repeats to max. Experiment with turning the repeats up and see how high you can get them before it starts to take off.

What you're experiencing is oscillation. It's a cool noise and you can do some nice things with it, but it can be a pain when you don't want it there haha
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Ambient pedal ****ery guy here.

Get a delay that you can control the time with an expression pedal with, and get a good limiter (compressor) to put after it. The limiter stops the volume from building up.

I have a Boss CS-3. It works on a budget but I wouldn't recommend it unless you only have $50. Check out the Maxon CP-9 Pro and Earthquaker Warden for best limiting and tone preservation.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Check out the Maxon CP-9 Pro and Earthquaker Warden for best limiting and tone preservation.
Also check out the 3630 if you want a not at all transparent compressor/limiter/expander and you have close to no money.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.