Hey guys i just recently bought a BC Rich Metal Master Warlock and noticed a few unmatching things from the BC Rich website's picture of the guitar. In the picture the truss rod cover said warlock but mine says KKW and on the back of the atock head it says crafted in china but on the front it doesnt have a bronze series logo like on the website also. The tribal fire grappics are also a bit off or in the rong places. Please help.
Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
LOL you're fine, not likely that anyone will fake a low end guitar like that. slight variations from a "official" website pic are pretty common especially on a low end guitar. don't worry about and just play.
Don't trust the fakes on www.aliexpress.com. Do the tuners say bc rich?
Chances are it was made buy the same person, in the same factory ( wood shack) as Ibanez Gibson and fenders that are made in china. That's how it happens. Asian guitars only upset people because the wood is different (not worse) and instead of someone getting paid 300$ per unit and the company selling it for +1000, they are paying the guy 15$ per unit and selling for 250$ on the street.
Quote by monwobobbo
LOL you're fine, not likely that anyone will fake a low end guitar like that. slight variations from a "official" website pic are pretty common especially on a low end guitar. don't worry about and just play.

I think it was discussed recently in some other thread that cheaper guitars are the most faked precisely because many people think nobody will.

Although I don't think I'd be worried just by the things you mentioned, there are also usually some slight cosmetic differences depending on the year of production. There's probably more stuff to check to make sure it's real, but probably someone with more knowledge of their guitars can shed more light.
Quote by 094568029434geo
Don't trust the fakes on www.aliexpress.com. Do the tuners say bc rich?
Chances are it was made buy the same person, in the same factory ( wood shack) as Ibanez Gibson and fenders that are made in china. That's how it happens. Asian guitars only upset people because the wood is different (not worse) and instead of someone getting paid 300$ per unit and the company selling it for +1000, they are paying the guy 15$ per unit and selling for 250$ on the street.

What does any of this post have to do with TS question?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
What does any of this post have to do with TS question?

Doesn't look like a fake. particularly if it has bc rich tuners. /best bc rich I played was a bronce series from Germany. It said b r o n c e on the headstock, bt everything else said bc rich.
Last edited by 094568029434geo at Jun 13, 2014,