Page 1 of 7
Have you ever tried it? Would you ever try it?

If you've used an online dating site, what were your results? Did anyone message you first, or did you have to initiate a conversation? Did you ever get a date/start dating someone that you met online? We're you ever lured in to a pedophile's den?

Just curious about the pit's opinion/experience with it.
My experience with it is that you send out a bunch of messages and get zero replies.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by SGstriker
My experience with it is that you send out a bunch of messages and get zero replies.

This

/thread

EDIT: To be serious though, I've met two of my ex-girlfriends off dating sites.....never been the product of a scam, but some of the stereotypes are true.....a lot of the people on there are social rejects who can't string a sentence together.....it's basically people trying to beat natural selection a lot of the time.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Last edited by i_lovemetallica at Jun 10, 2014,
Never used one but I kinda wanna make a profile that looks like I'm a crazy cat lady and see how crazy I can act without repelling everyone
cat
I have a good friend who used to use it a fair amount and he met a couple of girlfriends off there, who both turned out to be nutters.

The rest of the times he met the hot ones for drinks and then banged them..

Lucky bastard
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
I use OkCupid. Haven't had any success date-wise, but that's mostly just because there's not many quality lesbians in my area, until you hit Seattle. I message people/people message me, but nothing has materialized. Which is unfortunate, since online dating is like my only hope.
Thought about it, but i know it wouldn't work (for me) so i've never bothered.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by i_lovemetallica
This

/thread

EDIT: To be serious though, I've met two of my ex-girlfriends off dating sites.....never been the product of a scam, but some of the stereotypes are true.....a lot of the people on there are social rejects who can't string a sentence together.....it's basically people trying to beat natural selection a lot of the time.

Really? Maybe I can meet a person as socially awkward as me and we can both be quiet together! <3
Nah never even thought about it
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
I always get lots of replies and get very close to dates with successful, beautiful women. But the strangest thing always happens. When I tell them when I am a dedicated member of the off-topic section of a guitar forum they always cut off all ties straight away
I'd think about it. I dunno how weird a date with someone from the internet would be, though. Especially since I've never really been on a date.
I have been thinking about making an account for like a year. The things that keep holding me back are, including but not limited to,

1) Got no decent photos of myself around
2) I can't seem to find too many interesting girls from my area
3) It is a female dominated market, apparently. Guys just keep bombing any girl with messages, and then it is just up to her to pick the cream of the crop.

On the other hand I hear about a lot of success stories every now and then.

I would kinda like to try Tinder for shits and giggles but it is not on Windows Phone ffs.
I've always had an aversion to online dating. It seems loser-ish to me, though I know there's really nothing wrong with it.
Check out my band Disturbed
would be better than being alone to some. not for me though, mostly cause I get the impression of this too:

Quote by Jyrgen

3) It is a female dominated market, apparently. Guys just keep bombing any girl with messages, and then it is just up to her to pick the cream of the crop.

O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
would be better than being alone to some. not for me though, mostly cause I get the impression of this too:

ehhhhh I got responses on almost everything, the ones who don't respond probably abandoned their profile after they found a match or stopped caring to check it anymore
Quote by Jyrgen

That's what it's like literally everywhere else.
Quote by captaincrunk
ehhhhh I got responses on almost everything, the ones who don't respond probably abandoned their profile after they found a match or stopped caring to check it anymore

at least that's what I tell myself ;_;
Quote by Jyrgen
I would kinda like to try Tinder for shits and giggles but it is not on Windows Phone ffs.

Yet another reason I hate my phone.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
POF is the only site I managed to date and bang chicks off of. OKCupid I'm not even sure half the listings were real people. Match.com seemed like all the women wanted to jump into marriage ASAP.

I'll recommend POF. Laid back site with plenty of women.
Last edited by cheesefries at Jun 10, 2014,
Quote by ErikLensherr
Yet another reason I hate my phone.

Because you can't perve on women while you're on the bog?
Quote by Duffman123
Because you can't perve on women while you're on the bog?

I could do that anyway. But my roommate called Tindr, and I quote, "terrifying" and I'm curious.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
I could do that anyway. But my roommate called Tindr, and I quote, "terrifying" and I'm curious.

there are not a lot of furries there unfortunately :-(
Eh, not for me. I'm sure some people make it work. But I need face-to-face interactions, not this "Hey, you're sexy bby" lameass message crap.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Hey, you're sexy bby

Oh Sam you're making me blush
Quote by cheesefries
OKCupid I'm not even sure half the listings were real people.

just Google image search questionable people
I got a random invite to be part of the mod team and thats basically all we do to delete pics/accounts
no, i think online dating is weird.

just go out and meet people.

i know, it's hard, but totally worth it.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Eh, not for me. I'm sure some people make it work. But I need face-to-face interactions, not this "Hey, you're sexy bby" lameass message crap.

"the fact you are currently pursuing a degree in computer science makes me so wet"
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

I think it does not need to be that . If I did it, I'd just politely chat up interesting girls and quickly ask to meet em, then go have a coffee with em to figure out what they really are liek. What I mean that I would try to keep most communication as real world interaction.
On POF right now. In a conversation with a girl who I can't decide if she is interested at all. Just like 1 sentence replies to everything with no punctuation, and never asking me anything back. But at the same time she keeps replying. Now this other girl just messaged me too. I'm still scared everyone is robots who want my CC number.
Quote by TheChaz
On POF right now. In a conversation with a girl who I can't decide if she is interested at all. Just like 1 sentence replies to everything with no punctuation, and never asking me anything back.

Ask her out.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by TheChaz
On POF right now. In a conversation with a girl who I can't decide if she is interested at all. Just like 1 sentence replies to everything with no punctuation, and never asking me anything back. But at the same time she keeps replying. Now this other girl just messaged me too. I'm still scared everyone is robots who want my CC number.

people who use it on their phone often don't give detailed responses, send a dick pic
I've met some pretty nice girls from Ok Cupid. If you take the time to actually read their profiles and send a relevant message, you already have a better chance of getting a reply than most guys. Also don't just send messages to everybody, chances are you will find some girls on there who have a fair amount in common with you. Then you just have to be smooth and not creepy and it's pretty easy to land a date.

Also don't take too long to ask them out. At first I thought all the girls on there would only want to go on a date after two weeks+ of talking, but it usually only takes a couple of days for them to tell you're not a total creep. And always ask them out to a public place at first, not your cabin in the woods or some creepy shit.

You also have to be careful because some girls are really good at taking pictures of themselves and then when you see them in real life they look like a different person.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
And always ask them out to a public place at first, not your cabin in the woods or some creepy shit.

ooo baby yur so fine. Wanna grabs some tacos and chill in my mothers basement. it's just a little ways south pick u up at 8
Last edited by cheesefries at Jun 10, 2014,
Well just kiked some other random who messaged me saying how horny she was. This might not go so bad after all.
Quote by TheChaz
Well just kiked some other random who messaged me saying how horny she was. This might not go so bad after all.

ask her for her cc #