Are the Marshall haze 40s any good? I've never heard one. I know they have been discontinued....

I'm a little confused as to I read the reviews here on UG and people were debating it is a valve state amp... Not a true valve amp???? Idk what the difference would be.

But anyone have any input on these? I found a like new one on CL that they are asking $350 for. Would it be worth trying out???
Not at 350. A used dsl 40c goes around 400. A haze is a pretty good classic sounding amp though. Just don't overpay for it.

I'd think the ballpark price would be similar to whatever the 112 valvekings go for. 250-275?
Last edited by cheesefries at Jun 10, 2014,
I found the head through a good cab to be pretty nice sounding. The combos or through the haze cab, not so much
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
The effects and FX loop are solid state, the rest of the amp is tube. The ones I've heard sounded pretty shitty. Don't think I've ever heard one through decent speakers though.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
The effects and FX loop are solid state, the rest of the amp is tube. The ones I've heard sounded pretty shitty. Don't think I've ever heard one through decent speakers though.

+1

i wasn't impressed when i demo'd one. there is better gear out there for the money and cheaper. and really effects in a head (like the haze) aren't really that usable. limited control and just not worth it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/