Late 80's RG560, Did you strip it down? How much did you get if for if it was at a yardsale?!
Last edited by Fastmerc at Jun 10, 2014,
I did strip it down. The guy i bought it from painted it REALLY badly as you can see in the 1st photo. I got it for 40$ with a case!
Quote by MyNameIsBeecher
I did strip it down. The guy i bought it from painted it REALLY badly as you can see in the 1st photo. I got it for 40$ with a case!

Score! nice one

looks way better without the paint
banned
Thanks man! I plan on doing a tung oil finish and maybe putting a pickguard on it. Do you know anything else about this guitar? Cause I'm clueless about it!

Thanks for all the help
Ill give you 3x what you paid for it....lol...that was a freakin steal. I know all about them...what would you like to know?
I know it's a basswood body and that's about it. Is the Floyd Rose any good on this guitar? I know there's one model that isn't any good. What are the pickups like? And how much does it sell for? anything else you might think is helpful would be great. You guys are amazing
Well its a maple/rosewood neck in the Wizard 1 profile (the thinnest of all the Ibanez necks) It has an original edge trem noted by many including myself to be the best floyd variant out there including the original floyd. The lo pro edge is just as good just a little different feel due to the profile. The first pic you have is blurry but some of the pickups look to be changed. It looks like there is an IBZ/USA in the neck, an S1 in the middle, and maybe another IBZ/USA humbucker in the bridge. If they are the IBZ's they are dimarzios and were usually on the next higher series ie RG760....They are in fact very decent pickups. The s1 isn't bad just your average single coil. Price they sell for is all over the map, but usually a pretty standard range is 300-600 depending on condition.