Meet Argenta. She's beautiful.
(warning: pictures are large. also, probably NSFW because ohsostunningbasedgodcan'tevenhandleit)

Yeup. She is. Fernandes Retrorocket Deluxe DG.
Sorry for image quality, I took them with my phone.

EDIT:
SOUND DEMOS:
https://soundcloud.com/wahalrus/lezzgo-walrus-and-latte <- messing around
https://soundcloud.com/wahalrus/fernandes-retrorocket-deluxe-demo <- actual demo
https://soundcloud.com/wahalrus/inside-out-eve-6-walrus-and-latte-cover <- in the context of a song with other instruments

A couple comments about this guitar.
1) Dat grain tho.
2) DAT GRAIN THO.

Welp. Actual assessment of the guitar now.
I played a Fender Lonestar Strat, and this strat is certainly heavier than it. Not overly heavy, but it certainly feels different on my shoulder and on my leg. The tummy cut and forearm cut on this are much shallower than on the Fender, which combined with the weight makes it more uncomfortable to play. This isn't really a huge issue, I'm sure I'll adjust in a few days after playing it for a while, it's just a surprise thing for now.

The neck on this is surprisingly slightly thicker than the neck on the strat, but this seems to actually fit my hand better, so no complaints there. The much flatter fingerboard (14" radius vs. 9.5") is interesting. I've only had Fenders (Squier starter, and then my Lonestar) so this was a big change from what I'm used to. It's not bad though, I have no difficulties playing or chording on it.

The tuners seem solid, but they're locking tuners and I've never had a guitar with them though, so I'm honestly a bit unsure of how to change my strings xD. No biggie though, YouTube exists for a reason. I've been playing it for about an hour, testing out the Wilkinson trem also (absolutely love it) and it has held its tuning very well.

The EMG SA pickups are everything I imagined them to be and more, and the EXG/SPC (treb & bass boost, mid boost) knobs are interesting toys to play with. The EXG makes my clean tone sound extremely... full? not sure what word to use here, but it makes the tone sound... bigger... The SPC is amazing for taking that bridge single coil and ever so slightly bumping it up to give it more grunt and snarl.

Fit and Finish: oh my god this guitar is absolutely stunning and gorgeous and beautiful in every way possible. The two piece body looks like the two pieces were specifically picked to look amazing together, and DAT GRAIN THO. The grain on her is absolutely STUNNING to look at it, not only on the front of the body where everyone can see but also the back and the back of the neck. She'ssoprettyohsoprettybackoffshe'smineorI'llripyourheadoff.

As for the name, when I was first introduced to this guitar, I saw the Candy Apple Red version and immediately named her Argenta.
This is the CAR:

And this is Argenta:

(she's from a MMORPG I played called Dragon's Nest)

I was somewhat disappointed at first that the Candy Apple Red version was already sold out, but I kept the name on her, and now that the Natural finish one has came, ohmygodsoprettyIcan'teven.

Special thanks to dannyalcatraz for introducing me to the guitar.
Call me walrus! Or latte!

Gear:
Fernandes Retrorocket Deluxe DG
G&L Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top
Fender Lonestar Deluxe Reissue (MIM, Texas Specials and Pearly Gates HB)
ZOOM G5
Danelectro Daddy-O overdrive
Last edited by wahalrus at Jun 11, 2014,
That IS sweet! Some might call that translucent finish boring, I call it subtle.

How do you like that neck heel?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
^J^

That neck heel was probably the first thing I noticed when I picked it up. Playing up high on the neck (I don't really do that much, but at times I like to indulge myself xD) is completely effortless, I reach close to all the frets easily without a big bulky block in my way from the bolt-ons I used to play. Overall, this guitar is the best guitar I've played (that's not saying much though xD, I'm a high schooler and the best guitar one of my friends has is an American Standard Strat (well he just got an AVRI '62, but I haven't played it yet)). But yeah. AMAZING guitar. Thanks so much for the recommendation!

Gear:
ZOOM G5
The DG is one of the few guitars with actives I've ever considered buying. Seeing your pictures definitely give it a +1 in the "pros" column!

I'm glad I could help!

BTW, you need to post pix of that baby up in this thread:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=603076&page=380&pp=20
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jun 10, 2014,
Hey Danny,
If you ever need another +1 for the guitar, check this out:
https://soundcloud.com/wahalrus/lezzgo-walrus-and-latte
The middle EMG SA into a Matchless DC30 model with a hint of reverb. Perfection.

Gear:
ZOOM G5
Nicely done! Some whimsy, some melancholia...and your cleans sounded very clean indeed.

Based on what I heard, I think that you may LIKE a Boss RT-20:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QrXsrPAFIc&sns=em

You probably don't need one right now, but they're very nice units. Very flexible. Well made. So well made, in fact, that they're relatively easy to find used in good condition.

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jun 11, 2014,
Thanks samuraigoomba! (if I jump on your head, do you die or slice me in half? xD)

Danny that pedal sounds really sweet (and David Gilmour is my biggest inspiration), I'll try to see if I can copy that tone somehow on the Zoom. Mess around with adding a few choruses, turn the mix down on them, hopefully get something similar. I don't really like buying physical pedals though, I enjoy going the digital modeling route (one day, I'll have a Axe-FX... one day....).

Gear:
ZOOM G5
I love that strat!! im a sucker for pearloid pickguards!!
Gear

ESP/LTD Kirk Hammett 602
Gibson faded cherry V
Johnson (cheap ass) acoustic
Boss Gt-3 (old)
Peavey 6505+ 1x12
Quote by wahalrus
Thanks samuraigoomba! (if I jump on your head, do you die or slice me in half? xD)

Both.

I don't usually like actives, but damn if that isn't a beautiful guitar, and the pickups definitely add to the look.
Sounds good, too- listen to the sample.

Omg I have a bulge in my pants for that one. All my guitars have exposed wood grain or I don't buy them. That's gorgeous. And looks really well put together. What'd that cost?
If you act quickly enough to catch Fernandes' clearance sale, they're priced at $599. If not, they cost between $1100-1300 at most retailers.

http://www.fernandesguitarshop.com/retrorocket/75-retrorocket-deluxe-dg.html

Oh man I wish you hadn't said that. I've been seriously wanting a clear coat ash strat-like object with a maple board.
Last edited by Spud Spudly at Jun 11, 2014,
Very nice! Good to see a Fernandes guitar that isn't a Ravelle for a change! HNGD! Enjoy it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
very nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by kado.brown.18
I love that strat!! im a sucker for pearloid pickguards!!

I think we all are on the inside

Quote by samuraigoomba
Both.

I don't usually like actives, but damn if that isn't a beautiful guitar, and the pickups definitely add to the look.

xD. Yeah, when I found out about the EMG SA single coils, I was quite surprised (wutwutwutmetalheadsinglecoilsewwww). And then I listened to them and was even more surprised (wutwutwutgorgeouscleans*nosebleed*). And their look certainly helps Argenta (not that she needs it xD)

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Sounds good, too- listen to the sample.

Thanks ^J^

Quote by EyeballPaul
Sounds real clean.I like HNGD!

Quote by Spud Spudly
Oh man I wish you hadn't said that. I've been seriously wanting a clear coat ash strat-like object with a maple board.

I can guarantee that you won't be disappointed if you do get it

Quote by bill.mcielwain
It's a girl!!!!!!!!!!!!
'(OO)'
O:
:
:

"Mom, dad, I got a girlfriend! She only costs $600!"

Quote by FatalGear41
Very nice! Good to see a Fernandes guitar that isn't a Ravelle for a change! HNGD! Enjoy it!

Oh I will~

Quote by Dave_Mc
very nice

Indeed

Gear:
ZOOM G5
Holy crap!
HNGD
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Quote by The Judist
Holy crap!
HNGD

My reaction exactly when unwrapping Argenta ^J^
Thanks~

Gear:
ZOOM G5