Which guitar case would you recommend for an ESP LTD EC-1000? I've read positive and negative about the ESP brand named case. Anyone have any experience with generic brand ones, say from Musicians Friend? If they are snug and reliable I don't see the point of buying the same thing with esp's name on the side. Thanks for any info.
Quote by okramlol
Which guitar case would you recommend for an ESP LTD EC-1000? I've read positive and negative about the ESP brand named case. Anyone have any experience with generic brand ones, say from Musicians Friend? If they are snug and reliable I don't see the point of buying the same thing with esp's name on the side. Thanks for any info.

if the case is molded for a perfect fit, go ESP or LTD case. generic cases are a little more of a pain because you might not get support on the body and neck level putting pressure on the guitar because it is not fitted enough. a perfect fit ensures safety, a generic not as much.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
You could probably fit it in a SKB Les Paul case. I have a LP copy that fits perfectly. Also at least in my experience, especially if you are on the road, you get what you pay for. Go for a sturdier case that'll last forever. I saved like 40$ by price matching an SKB at GC with one online. Couldn't believe the steal it was.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Thanks for the replies guys. I have had the ESP case before and it fit snug but I wouldn't say it was the most durable case especially for the price. There's great reviews for the road runner and musician's gear brand cases that "fit typical single cut" guitars but I'd like to hear other's experiences with non-esp cases for the esp ltd ec-1000.

Appreciate all responses!
Quote by Katsock
You could probably fit it in a SKB Les Paul case. I have a LP copy that fits perfectly. Also at least in my experience, especially if you are on the road, you get what you pay for. Go for a sturdier case that'll last forever. I saved like 40$ by price matching an SKB at GC with one online. Couldn't believe the steal it was.

there is an issue with certain guitars. you want the guitar to lay flat and no stress on the neck. the body needs to be fully supported, the neck resting flat on support.

if the case is a 100% direct case and you value the guitar i would just fork out a bit more cash. its just insurance.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
If you don't like the cases made for the instrument in question, Gator is my default instrument case company- quality, durable products at reasonable prices.

http://www.gatorcases.com

If, however, your axe is your life's blood? Well, check out Anvil.

http://www.anvilcase.com
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!