So I am new to the buying guitars thing and I have narrowed my list down to two guitars. One is a Washburn Idol http://www.washburn.com/products/electric/WI60V.html

My other one is an epiphone Les Paul Classic T
http://www.epiphone.com/Products/Electrics/Les-Paul/Les-Paul-Classic-T.aspx

I know that the Epiphone hasnt been released yet but is it worth another hundred dollars? Should I get the Washburn? Please help.
I think you should get the washburn. The epiphones I dealt with were very poorly build. Could have been bad luck but nevertheless. I have no experience with washburn, in regard of playing them, but my favourite guitarist plays them (Nuno Bettencourt whop whop!) so they must have something. And, regardless of building quality; the Washburn is just waaaaay prettier imho. Lets not kid ourself, looks matter. The Washburn sticks out in stead of the plain boring "oh god here comes an other kid with a crappy les paul copy".

Specs dont seem too different except the Epiphone has got a mapple top and the tuning thingy, which probably is just a gimmick, but the Washburn has Grover tuners.

TL;DR get the Washburn and give yourself the extra "edge" instead of another boring Epiphone copy with an gimmick.
Counterpoint:
When it comes time to sell. There's a few people who have been listing washburns at what seems to be a fair price on my local craigslist and they've been there for months.
On the other hand epi les pauls seem to be listed once and sold relatively quickly.

And personally - i don't think the washburn is all that hot looking. It looks like a les paul clone that's trying too hard to look like it's not a les paul clone.

But i don't have experience with washburn and my own epiphone is mediocre (in spite of having grover tuners) so you should maybe wait until you can hear from someone who has experience with washburns.
I'd go for the Epiphone, but I wouldn't buy it without trying it first and thoroughly check if it's in perfect shape.

Quality check standards in Epiphone guitars have been really low for the last few years.
I've seen pretty shoddy brand-new Epiphones for sale that should've never left the factory in the first place, much less being on display at a store.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Hanoj99
So do the pickups make much difference to the sound quality?

yes they do.

I'm a fan of the Idol line, but the Epiphone will be a good guitar.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
yes they do.

I'm a fan of the Idol line, but the Epiphone will be a good guitar.

So I like the looks of the Idol but is it at par with epiphone?
Quote by Hanoj99
So I like the looks of the Idol but is it at par with epiphone?

Maybe, it depends on what you want from a guitar. The Idol is a nice guitar
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Maybe, it depends on what you want from a guitar. The Idol is a nice guitar

I am looking for a good guitar that can play any type of music and still have good sound. Also i want it to be built sturdy.
Well either guitar can do that. You should try out both and see which you prefer
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
i have owned several washburns years ago. overall none of the ones i had were bad at all, one was a little neck heavy but that is quite common on budget guitars.

i have had a WI64 and own a Dime 333 (currently) , and had a Dime V but sold it.

i haven't played enough epiphones recently so i can't honestly comment.

the WI64's were great.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i have owned several washburns years ago. overall none of the ones i had were bad at all, one was a little neck heavy but that is quite common on budget guitars.

i have had a WI64 and own a Dime 333 (currently) , and had a Dime V but sold it.

i haven't played enough epiphones recently so i can't honestly comment.

the WI64's were great.

Have you ever played on the Idol WI60?
Quote by Hanoj99
Have you ever played on the Idol WI60?

i don't think i have. i sold all of mine and somebody ^ had a great point, they are hard to resell, but i didn't pay over $200 for a washburn and broke even selling/and in trade. i would just wait for clearance and pick one up. on the upside the resale values are shit so get a decent used one cheap.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Robbgnarly
Well either guitar can do that. You should try out both and see which you prefer

That is one of my problems. I dont live near to a store that sells the guitars I am looking for.