I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum but...

Which of these Licensed Floyds are the best?

Gotoh
http://www.mojotone.com/guitar-parts/tremolo-bridges/Gotoh-Floyd-Rose-Locking-Tremolo-Chrome#.U5foCXKSyYB

Schaller
http://www.thomann.de/ie/schaller_original_tremolo_lockmeister_c.htm

GFS
http://www.guitarfetish.com/NEW-Heavy-Duty-Dual-Locking-Floyd-Rose-Trem-BRASSSTEEL_p_518.html

Ibanez
http://www.thomann.de/ie/ibanez_low_edge_pro_cosmo_black.htm

Which of these will stand up to the most abuse? I do a lot of EVH divebombs and general Satch/Vai trem abuse. Suggestions are welcome

Thanks.
Last edited by darrenram1 at Jun 11, 2014,
Schaller then Gotoh, then GFS. If you get the Schaller, and the one you want is not in stock where your local guitar store orders parts from, prepare for a long wait. I ordered a set of M6 tuners in their Ruthenium finish 3 months ago and still waiting. Order was from All Parts via my LGS, All Parts doesn't have that color in stock, so we all have to wait til Germany makes a run.
All of them will do well. Not sure about the GFS one as I've never heard of anybody using it, but on paper it looks good.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jun 11, 2014,
deff the Schaller or Gotoh
in that order
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
If you're not worried about routing, the Low Pro Edge. Floyd Rose himself said it was the best copy he had ever played and its on par with the Original Floyd.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
The Ibanez edge trems (original or lo pro) are widely thought of as the best trem period. Obviously it is some personal opinion...but hold one in your hand compared to the others and you can just tell. Plus if you want to do Vai/Satch its what they use. The Gotoh is also a very nice trem, then Schaller, GFS would be more of a low quality version.
First, there are no more licensed Floyds. The patent has run out and licensing is no longer required.

Second, I'd generally put the Gotoh or Schaller at the top of the list where accurate copies are concerned, and while I'd flip a coin, the Gotoh, might have a slight edge (look at how the trem arm locks in to see why). I'd personally leave the GFS copy off the list altogether.

Third, the Ibanez is in a class by itself, since it has several features that make it a more desirable trem (not the least of which is its low profile, which keeps the snaggy stuff out of your way).

Durability on those three is excellent. Can't speak for the GFS.
Quote by dspellman
First, there are no more licensed Floyds. The patent has run out and licensing is no longer required.

Second, I'd generally put the Gotoh or Schaller at the top of the list where accurate copies are concerned, and while I'd flip a coin, the Gotoh, might have a slight edge (look at how the trem arm locks in to see why). I'd personally leave the GFS copy off the list altogether.

Third, the Ibanez is in a class by itself, since it has several features that make it a more desirable trem (not the least of which is its low profile, which keeps the snaggy stuff out of your way).

Durability on those three is excellent. Can't speak for the GFS.

Yeah, that's what I'd have thought- the GFS one may well be "good for the money", but I'm guessing it's not as good as the Gotoh, Schaller, or lo-pro edge. It may well be of similar quality to the FRT-x000, though (or not, I have no idea ).

the other 3 should all be at least "very good", it's going to boil down to small differences, preference, and whichever fits into your guitar the easiest, I'd have thought.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm using an Ibanez ZR-2 Tremolo, which is derived from the Floyd Rose and Ibanez Edge. I really can't recommend it highly enough, I love it.

Go Ibanez!