They seem modestly priced, I love the look of them, can't say much for their actual quality since I haven't seen one in person. I wonder how limited they'll be. I want one. What do you think about them?
Spec wise there on par with Les Studio Pro's but with dirty finger pick ups. I'd assume quality is at that level as well. If you can find one in a store new for the real street price it's a pretty good deal but due to the limited run the ebay prices on them are going a little crazy. Some ebay ads claim runs of 100 some 300, pretty low numbers. I would personally love to have the explorer but I don't have an extra $1500 lying around.
2002 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2014 Fender Strat (American Nitro Honeyburst)
2003 Ibanez Acoustic
Digitech RP500
Blackstar HT5R
These are no more limited than most guitar runs. A limited run of 50 or 100 units is typical for guitar manufacturing and does not make a guitar special or valuable.
I didn't think it was worth the price. Just wasn't that great of a guitar. All the ones I picked up looked like they had dirt rubbed into the fretboard. I doubt the government stored the fretboards properly for the months they had them.

I kick myself for not buying a pair when they were 999 new. A week later collectors for unknown reasons brought the price up to 2500 on ebay. Ridiculous. They seem to be tribute models with a government paintjob. People are just paying for the story.
Last edited by cheesefries at Jun 11, 2014,
I definitely don't think those crazy prices are worth it by any means. The $999 price from the Gibson site seemed reasonable.
Quote by Juice Face
I definitely don't think those crazy prices are worth it by any means. The $999 price from the Gibson site seemed reasonable.

Problem is that it is very difficult to find one that price anymore. When I was shopping a few months back I was dying for one. Can't recall the Ebay prices, but they were freakin' ridiculous.

Dear doG I wanted the V with those Dirty Fingers
Ibanez SR1200E
Quote by pachap
Problem is that it is very difficult to find one that price anymore. When I was shopping a few months back I was dying for one. Can't recall the Ebay prices, but they were freakin' ridiculous.

Dear doG I wanted the V with those Dirty Fingers

Hehe... I wanted the explorer BADLY but never got to see one in person
Quote by cheesefries
Hehe... I wanted the explorer BADLY but never got to see one in person

I am not the biggest Gibson fan but I would probably have taken any of them.
Ibanez SR1200E