So hello everyone, i made this thread because ive always been interested in this guitar. I was about to buy one late in 2013 but didnt do it due to lack of any convincing reviews, i cant seem to find much information about it. I ended up buying a schecter omen active 6 with FR wich i love but i still would like to own random star body shape guitar, so if anyone has one or knows where i can read a good review about it please help.

Thanks in advance
i've never tried them but i've heard conflicting things about the desolations... i'm not sure how good the QC is.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a very hard time calling them a Charvel at all.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
If it's anything like my SK-1 you'll love it. Through-body neck, real active EMG's, locking tuners, bare gun-oil neck that's super small/thin... All of the electronics are very solid with no scratchiness or slop... Hardware is good and fit/finish is really good for import... Probably one of the best i've played. It destroys my import Jackson.

MF had the SK-1 for 399$ a few months ago...That's a silly deal when you consider the quality and that a new set of EMG's are a couple hundred bucks.
Last edited by drop1337 at Jun 11, 2014,
Quote by Robbgnarly

Isn't that like saying you'd have a hard time calling an SE a PRS?
Quote by drop1337

No. The SE series isn't god awful.
Quote by Robbgnarly

At least it's a proper Charvel body style, unlike most of the other Desolations. Got to love a star, I just wish they did one in the Pro-mod series that's not covered in bling binding and weird inlays.
Quote by JustRooster
No. The SE series isn't god awful.

I have both and wouldn't say the Desolation gives up much to it. But to each his own.
Quote by drop1337

No because I own a real PRS

And no the SE is not a real PRS
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Jun 11, 2014,
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
At least it's a proper Charvel body style, unlike most of the other Desolations. Got to love a star, I just wish they did one in the Pro-mod series that's not covered in bling binding and weird inlays.

No it does not, a typical Carvel body is a SS
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat

Yeah I've always said it was a shame they didn't do a star in the pro mod series.

I'm less annoyed than I was since I was lucky and picked up a USA star for a good price. But if I hadn't, I'd have been pissed.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I just picked up a Charvel Desolaton DS-2 ST and I love it. I feels better, plays better and has better features than anything else I tried in the price range. However, don't take my word for it, nor that of the naysayers. Pick one up, try it out and let your own fingers guide you. Reviews are only opinions and your own experience trumps everything you read online.
A buddy of mine has a DS1 ST, the LP shaped one in white. It's really nice! I'd say feel and quality of it are on-par with my EC-1000. The bare neck finish feels awesome. However, the local small guitar shop he bought it from a few years ago quit finishing them. The owner/guitar tech told me that the last shipment he got in all had finish flaws, the raw necks weren't sanded smooth enough, sharp fret ends. He also said they had gone to cheaper electronics in the cavity and the soldering didn't look as good. He decided to quit carrying them because he'd have to put a lot of time into each one before he'd be ok with having them in the store. Maybe it was a bad batch or something but I'd probably want to try it out in person before I bought one.
I own three Desolation 1s (DS/DC/DX). No experience with the Star tho.

The necks are just glorious - and they're thru so they really sing beautifully, even with the Floyd. Tuning stability is perfect, FR or ST. I haven't found anything that comes close for the money. The only thing you might want for is a bit more weight - it's mahogany and it sounds great but presumably it's fairly low-density. If you like swing your axe around a bit then they're perfect.

Having not tried one, my only question is whether the weight balance is ok on the DST? If it sits right then you're on a winner imo.
Charvel / Godin / Peavey / Marshall / AMT