So I Recently Bought A Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo Amp And It Sounds Amazing And I Am Happy With The Tone And The Amp In General. There Is Only One Issue And That Is The Noise I Am Getting While I'm Not Playing. I Am Brand New To Real Tube Amps And Have Done Some Preliminary Research But Still Have Not Narrowed It Down. Here's The Story:

Bought Amp From An Add On Kijiji. Tried It At Sellers House, Worked Fine With Their Guitar, No Unwanted Noise Or Anything. Drove It Home, Plugged In And Started Playing. Here Is The Problem. There Is A Constant Buzz, No Matter What Volume, On The Lead Channel, While My Pickups Are Turned Up. Also When I Turn The Post Up Passed 1.5 There Is A Crazy High Pitched Squeal That Is Constant While Not Playing. I Have Tried Every Guitar I Own (6) And Every Different Patch Chord. The Unwanted Feedback Remains. I Have Tried Moving The Amp Around And Walking Around In A Pretty Open Space And The Noise Still Remains.

I Have Heard That Some Guitars Are Just Wired Poorly Which Might Cause This Noise And Am Really Hoping That This Is Not The Case For All Six Of My Guitars As I Have Never Had These Issues With Solid State Amps And Digital Interfaces. I Have Also Done Some Preliminary Research On Microphonic Tubes But Am Afraid To Start Poking Pencils Into A New Amp.

Any Thoughts, Feelings Or Suggestions Would Be Greatly Appreciated. Sorry For Making This So Long.
One or more of the preamp tubes is ****ed. Buy a spare or two and try them in different positions.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Linchpin
So I Recently Bought A Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo Amp And It Sounds Amazing And I Am Happy With The Tone And The Amp In General. There Is Only One Issue And That Is The Noise I Am Getting While I'm Not Playing. I Am Brand New To Real Tube Amps And Have Done Some Preliminary Research But Still Have Not Narrowed It Down. Here's The Story:

Bought Amp From An Add On Kijiji. Tried It At Sellers House, Worked Fine With Their Guitar, No Unwanted Noise Or Anything. Drove It Home, Plugged In And Started Playing. Here Is The Problem. There Is A Constant Buzz, No Matter What Volume, On The Lead Channel, While My Pickups Are Turned Up. Also When I Turn The Post Up Passed 1.5 There Is A Crazy High Pitched Squeal That Is Constant While Not Playing. I Have Tried Every Guitar I Own (6) And Every Different Patch Chord. The Unwanted Feedback Remains. I Have Tried Moving The Amp Around And Walking Around In A Pretty Open Space And The Noise Still Remains.

I Have Heard That Some Guitars Are Just Wired Poorly Which Might Cause This Noise And Am Really Hoping That This Is Not The Case For All Six Of My Guitars As I Have Never Had These Issues With Solid State Amps And Digital Interfaces. I Have Also Done Some Preliminary Research On Microphonic Tubes But Am Afraid To Start Poking Pencils Into A New Amp.

Any Thoughts, Feelings Or Suggestions Would Be Greatly Appreciated. Sorry For Making This So Long.

i woudn't be surprised if you had a microphonic tube. google "tube pencil test" or on youtube. not a big deal preamp tubes are easy to swap and $10-$15. i would generally recommend JJ (brand) tubes. 12AX7
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Cathbard
One or more of the preamp tubes is ****ed. Buy a spare or two and try them in different positions.

you beat me to it. sniped. but he is probably right.

what tubes do you have in there?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Could also be your house... id check the tubes or plug it in at a buddies house.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by losing battle
Could also be your house... id check the tubes or plug it in at a buddies house.

florescent lights, microwaves, and dirty power could be a reason or just your house.

but its easier to just tap an eraser on the tube is quicker and would identify the bad tube. if the tubes seem good, then maybe you should get a power conditioner if it were to change at a different location.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by Linchpin

How the **** can you type like that...
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals