Hey everyone, looking for a little trade help. I have a 2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe II 50s and this guy wants to trade me his Music Man Silhouette HH with a Music Man trem bridge. Both would be traded with hard cases. BUT here's a little kicker for ya, he says it was owned by Tom Walker. We live in the same town that the Ernie Ball/Music Man factory is in. He does not, however, have the COA that Walker owned it. I like the guitar, but I think the trade value is somewhat off. What's your advice? Here are some pictures he sent me of the guitar:
Attachments:
PICT2651 2.jpg
PICT2659.JPG
PICT2662.JPG
I have no idea, but Silhouettes are very nice guitars either way.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Yeah, the trade value is somewhat off, in your favor at least from my point of view. Can you prove that the Music Man isn't a counterfeit? Send MusicMan an inquiry about it. If you can and you like the guitar, go for it. I'm damn jealous.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Jun 12, 2014,
I'd do it.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
With out a COA, his story means nothing.

I do think that monetarily your getting the better deal, used Studios sell for $500-$700. The Musicman goes for $800+ depending on the model
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
With out a COA, his story means nothing.

Didn't even notice the story bit
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

"Owned by" means pretty much nothing unless the guitar itself is iconic. Keef's five-string telecaster, yes. One of John 5's random telecasters, no.
I it is a real MM, the build quality is probably well beyond your Gibson.
Ibanez SR1200E
Alright. I was checkin' used prices and they seemed about the same. I was gonna meet him yesterday but, of course, I've had food poisoning the last couple days and couldn't get off the couch. I'll keep you all updated soon and hopefully I'll be able to post a NGD thread