Page 1 of 2
I come up with a lot of things on guitar and i have no way of remembering them. What should I do?
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Quote by macashmack
Stop having a shit memory, or

Write them down

How does one write down an idea? its not that I have a bad memory its that I have to many ideas to remember.
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
i forget it and move on with my life.

i used to have an okay memory. then i became an addict and now i can't remember shit. no use trying.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Use one of those digital voice recorders--record the vocals, name out the chord changes, etc.

Then play it back, and it will make it easier to remember.

Back in my day, we just had to mentally memorize every chord change, tempo, Intros and Outros, with Muscle Power.
i had this melody i played on triangle and one time i made a kazoo with a comb and wax paper.
sometimes if i really like an idea i quickly record it on my phone. Sure it's shit audio quality, but for just jotting down ideas it's all you need
Quote by Metalmann67
Use one of those digital voice recorders--record the vocals, name out the chord changes, etc.

Then play it back, and it will make it easier to remember.

Back in my day, we just had to mentally memorize every chord change, tempo, Intros and Outros, with Muscle Power.

They didn't have written language back in your day?
Quote by Eastwinn
i forget it and move on with my life.

i used to have an okay memory. then i became an addict and now i can't remember shit. no use trying.

have you ever considered quitting? you are such an intelligent person, don't let drugs get the better of you please! btw wanna skype?
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
I either write it down or I record a 15-second clip of the idea on my phone.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by azrael667
Like most people these days I own a phone which can record video and sound.

my mom thinks that I don't need a phone and she never had anything like that when she was a kid. It sucks, the third grade neighbor across the street has a goddamn phone. It's not like we are poor either, my dad just got a fuckin convertible. its not the past mom, times change. I may sound like a self entitled brat but being a highschooler and being the only one without it is shit. Can't have any friends that are girls either because they have phones and I don't so im the loser.
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
Write them down, record it, tuxguitar it, play it until muscle memory kicks in, get it stuck in your head. Or maybe a mix of all of them.

^You're not a loser because you don't have a phone. Go talk to them anyway.
the good ideas are often the ones that you remember easily. or maybe when you record them you lose some of the initial conviction/passion that brought on the idea, so it doesn't sound as good. i can never tell.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
i record them on the voice recorder/memo thing on my phone.

but i have pretty sold muscle memory, so it's easy for me to remember riffs/solos i was composing earlier.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Record them, store them in a dedicated folder, sort them out later into 'keep' and 'delete'.
Gotta have sex with the music first virgin.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
if I don't remember it the next day then it probably wasn't a very good idea to begin with
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
if anything its good practice just keep writting not every idea is a winner dont beat yourself up for losing them

but having said that i have a great memory and if its anything more coplex or anythig i just wrte it down
Quote by the bartender
if I don't remember it the next day then it probably wasn't a very good idea to begin with

Pretty much this, if I don't remember it, it wasn't worth remembering.
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
I tend to record them on my cellphone or laptop with spoken notes as reminders. I have a shit memory too.
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
I write it in GP, easy & clean like a fapkin, no, seriously. I use to write everything, you can lose your phone, but you can't lose a GP file sent to yourself via mail
I believe it was justin timberlake that said "if you can't remember it, it's not worth remembering." in reference to musical ideas, obviously.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
I have shit memory too!
We're together in this

But for real, recording it with your phone works, or writing it down in guitar pro if you have that. That's what I do anyway
If the ideas are good, I tend to remember them from memory. If I forget them, they were usually crappy ideas.

I also tab out a lot of ideas on Guitar Pro. I can listen back to it and it can refresh my memory of the notes if I forget how I played it and can't be bothered to work it out.

Also, record your ideas on a phone or something. Doesn't matter if it's bad quality, you're not exactly releasing it to the masses. As long as you can make it out you're fine.

Quote by 457undead
How does one write down an idea?

Musical notation.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you don't read music.

You could always just tab out the ideas, since tab isn't exactly hard to do.
If you want to write down how exactly you played each note then you should learn basic notation (I.E crotchets, quavers, minims etc.) as it would let you do this and be useful for you anyway, it's really not hard. Just slap a crotchet or whatever under the notes of the tab so you know how long each note was.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Get yourself a little portable recorder. Wouldn't cost too much for a simple one. You can pick one up at any music store, Guitar Center, heck even Best Buy or Walmart.

One of the best things I've ever bought. I've filled it with ideas.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Get yourself a little portable recorder. Wouldn't cost too much for a simple one. You can pick one up at any music store, Guitar Center, heck even Best Buy or Walmart.

One of the best things I've ever bought. I've filled it with ideas.

if you buy one you should go out and record construction sites and atmospheres of different places and make music worth listening to as well
Guitar pro
recording them
repeat until memorized
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by willT08
if you buy one you should go out and record construction sites and atmospheres of different places and make music worth listening to as well

Hype construction site downt road from my flat at the moment

Gotta get on it
Quote by willT08

I don't get it.
Quote by lolmnt

Quote by snipelfritz
I usually throw it in guitar pro, other times I just remember it

There are quite a few riffs I've forgotten over the years so I tend to tab them out in guitar pro very quickly. Plus guitar pro is very helpful for organizing my thoughts.
Quote by 457undead
I don't get it.

He's referring to electroacoustic music. Something like musique concrète

Look it up. I guarantee you will hate it
Last edited by E7#9 at Jun 13, 2014,
Page 1 of 2