I only actually own one Tab book, its a collection of Black Sabbath songs. I noticed some if it's wrong though; there's little niggly stuff like playing the wrong strings but the note is still the same then there's stuff like the riff on Sabbath Bloody Sabbath being wrong. In the book it is written like:

----------------------------------
--7/9-----9-------7/9-----9-------
--5/7-7-7-7---7-7-5/7-7-7-7--0-0--

But when listening to it, and when watching videos of Tony playing it live it is clearly:

--0h9-9-9-9---------0h9-9-9-9-----
--0h7-7-7-7-7-7-----0h7-7-7-7-7-7-

So yeah I'd love to have more tab books, even just as a collectors thing but that really bothers me. You kind of expect that user submitted tabs are going to have some mistakes (the couple I have done are certainly no exception, despite my best efforts) but is it normal for professional transcribers to get things wrong like this?
Last edited by ThrashingDeath at Jun 12, 2014,
I've seen about 5 different versions of the single-note section of the main riff of The Wizard -- different notes, not just different strings/position on the fret board. Same thing with YouTube "how to" videos.

I quickly eliminated about three of the them by watching Iommi live. From that point, just replay over and over and really listen closely. It's hard to pick out the notes cleanly because Ozzy has the harmonica going at the same time.

I hope to get 80% or more with tabs, and they are extremely valuable for sure. Save me lots of time and a million headaches. But ultimately you gotta check for yourself against the original to be sure.

I just put up a thread about the Paranoid tabs. I've seen tons of them and none of them get Iommi's variation on the way he completes the main riff a couple times in the song. Someone with a really good ear picked it off for me:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32727172#post32727172
Yeah that's a pretty good attitude to have. Just irritating to see such mistakes in a book I paid for haha. Also it lists all the down-tuned songs from Master of Reality onwards as being in D standard when pretty much any guitarist will confirm its in C#