Page 1 of 5
Any fellow vapers here? I just started maybe a month ago after smoking cigarettes for a few months prior.

I love it. I get my nicotine without the tar or carcinogens or other harmful effects of tobacco. People might be skeptical of what chemicals ecigs might have in them but if you're smart you only buy from reputable American companies that only use PG/VG, flavors, and pharmaceutical grade nicotine.

This is my first and current vape. It's a Halo Triton. I've vaped lots of flavors out of this, including mint chocolate, Belgian cocoa, piña colada, Red Bull, strawberry lemonade, twisted Java, and a few others I don't remember.

It's a really nice alternative to smoking. Cigarettes just don't taste good to me anymore.

You don't have to be a smoker to enjoy this stuff either. There are zero nicotine juices out there for you to vape on.

In a few days I'm gonna be getting an iTaste VTR and a Kanger Protank 3.

I'm literally going to be breathing clouds out of my mouth.

So let's talk.
Yeah I have one. I smoke more cigarettes than I use this thing, but its nice for indoor situations. My friends that are real into it are real geeks about the parts (like that they are very enthused about). Cool thing to have, but not something to boast about. Mainly because its annoying if you don't have one or aren't interested in them and someone keeps pushing you about how awesome they are.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
kinda wanna do it casually but not enough to put money into it
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
kinda wanna do it casually but not enough to put money into it

you can get a pretty good quality one for pretty cheap. Just look for an ego style battery with variable voltage, should run about twenty bucks. All you need then is a tank, charger, and some juice.

It's less expensive than the video games you buy
I'm a delivery driver and drive 50+ hours a week and can't smoke in the cars, so I got one of these and have quit smoking. I am still way addicted to the nicotine, but it's much better than smoking actual cigarettes. It took me a while (and a bit of cash) to find a good one, but I've had mine now for almost a year with no problems and the flavors taste great.

Also I've been getting my liquid from a company called velvet cloud vapor. They have a huge variety of flavors and everything I've tried tastes much better than what the stores around here sell, and they send you a free sample of another flavor every time you order. I suggest trying them out some time.
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at Jun 12, 2014,
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
I'm a delivery driver and drive 50+ hours a week and can't smoke in the cars, so I got one of these and have quit smoking. I am still way addicted to the nicotine, but it's much better than smoking actual cigarettes. It took me a while (and a bit of cash) to find a good one, but I've had mine now for almost a year with no problems and the flavors taste great.

What do you use?
It's a Revolver Talon battery and some atomizer I bought online, can't remember right now. Looks a lot like the one you posted, actually. The battery looks almost the same too.
Quote by Amuro Jay
you can get a pretty good quality one for pretty cheap. Just look for an ego style battery with variable voltage, should run about twenty bucks. All you need then is a tank, charger, and some juice.

It's less expensive than the video games you buy

I've bought one game all year ($40)
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
i wanna get one. I have tried vaping with friends. It's fun doing smoke rings and stuff. I wanna get one soon.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by MeGaDeth2314
It's a Revolver Talon battery and some atomizer I bought online, can't remember right now. Looks a lot like the one you posted, actually. The battery looks almost the same too.

Nice. I hope to get more advanced in the future and start messing with RBAs and whatnot.
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
I've bought one game all year ($40)

My initial investment was about that much
Quote by k.lainad
i wanna get one. I have tried vaping with friends. It's fun doing smoke rings and stuff. I wanna get one soon.

Smoke rings are like my favorite part.
im surprisingly very good at smoke rings. Like first ever 10 min using a vape, i was doing big, thick azz, smoke rings. Technique is really simple, just hard to teach to people.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by Thrashtastic15
nicotine huehuehuehue vape weed every day 420 blaze it

"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
We've been having a big discussion about these things at work recently, since two of our younger guys smoke them at full power with a heavy dose of nicotine in them. I don't think they are bad if you are trying to quite, God knows the water vapor beats the tar and ash in cancer sticks. The biggest problem I see with it is that constant use would prolly increase your chances for getting the anemone or however it's spelled.
Another stupid trend that I'm wishing it dies out quickly.

Also, the passive smoke from vaping messes up my throat as bad as the one from cigarettes or cigars. Since I'm one of the lead singers in my band, it's not a good thing for me.
Fortunately, most of my friends also hate second hand smoke, so it doesn't matter if you're smoking or vaping, you have to do it away from us.

On a side note, Portugal is probably going to pass a law soon that also forbids the use of e-cigarettes, vapes, etc. in all the places where smoking is forbidden.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
why is the amount of nicotine relevant? thats not the shit that gives you throat cancer and kills u its all of the tars and chemicals in yr cigs.
Don't get why governments are being so anal about e-cigs and vapes.

Not something I've done myself though, might pick one up soon...
My dad bought one, used it once, wasn't strong enough for him since he's a hardcore tobacco smoker. I'll probably inherit it for my own choice of ingredient
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
No but for real if you smoke weed buy a proper vaporizer. The pricetag doesn't matter because it takes considerably less weed to get you nice & stoned and u can use yr vaped weed to make edibles and stuff as well lots of bang for yr buck. It's much healthier for you, get stoned with less weed and you get laugh at giant bags man it's pretty sweet.

Kind of sucks for multiple bowls on the go in my experience (then again I haven't tried all the vaporizers on the market) but for at home it's pretty much the best case scenario.
My sister tried it but she said it really wasn't the same as cigarettes and quickly started buying them again.

I tried it and it felt weird, it was like a tiny hookah
Quote by Thrashtastic15
No but for real if you smoke weed buy a proper vaporizer. The pricetag doesn't matter because it takes considerably less weed to get you nice & stoned and u can use yr vaped weed to make edibles and stuff as well lots of bang for yr buck. It's much healthier for you, get stoned with less weed and you get laugh at giant bags man it's pretty sweet.

Kind of sucks for multiple bowls on the go in my experience (then again I haven't tried all the vaporizers on the market) but for at home it's pretty much the best case scenario.

Anything a little more portable that one could use to vape such an ingredient?

An e-joint perhaps?
Quote by Mack888
Anything a little more portable that one could use to vape such an ingredient?

An e-joint perhaps?

mflb works ok if u are only gonna smoke a bit on the go hence "multiple-bowls" havent tried any of the other more portable focused 1s
Quote by Nero Galon
My dad bought one, used it once, wasn't strong enough for him since he's a hardcore tobacco smoker. I'll probably inherit it for my own choice of ingredient

Was it the nicotine that wasn't strong enough for him? He might have had a 6mg or 12mg. They sell them with higher ones like even 50mg if he needs that.
If Jay didn't make this thread I would have made fun of it.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Daviddint
Was it the nicotine that wasn't strong enough for him? He might have had a 6mg or 12mg. They sell them with higher ones like even 50mg if he needs that.

Yeah probably too low dosage to satisfy him
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
I'd rather just smoke cigars every so often tbh. Something about vaping doesn't appeal to me.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by Thrashtastic15

This guy knows

I've had my mflb for about a year now, it's great
banned
Quote by severed-metal
How does it compare to being peed on?

Shit just got real!
Quote by severed-metal

It's about the same if the pee gets you stoned
banned
I've had my Volcano Inferno now for about 2 months and I love it. It's great for when my unit's underway and I don't go outside very much. I would be using it right now to be honest, but I burned through all my heating elements waaaaay quicker than I expected to. I picked up a few bottles of juice from this place called Black Hat Vapor not too long ago. They've got some really good product. I highly recommend checking them out online. They've got everything from the standard e-cigs to full blown mech mods and VTR style e-cigs and they're all pretty low priced.

And to whoever it was that said e-cigs were just another passing phase, you should probably do your research before making that kind of statement. They've been around since the 60s and have really started picking up momentum in the last 15-20 years.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
I'm using a 650 mAH Ego battery from Beyond Vape with a Kanger Pro Tank 2 mini at 1.8 ohms for home use and an iSmoka BCC mini at 2.2 ohms for when I'm outside. I just got the Pro Tank yesterday and the lower ohm coil makes it a fog machine. I also have a CE4 tank (with a 2 ohm coil I think) that I keep around if I'm just looking for a bigger throat hit for whatever reason.

I'll vape low nicotine juice (6mg) when I'm at home so I can chain-vape and not feel sick and I'll use a higher nicotine juice (12-18 mg) for when I'm not home and smoke less. Hence the different ohm coils. I've found that 1.8 ohm coils give an unbearable throat hit when using higher nicotine juices.

I've been messing around with e-cigs for about 2 months but I only just bought my Ego battery maybe 2 weeks ago. Apart from supposed health benefits, I just think it's a fun hobby. I've always enjoyed smoking hookah, even way before I started on cigarettes, and these e cigs are a nice alternative.

I'm going to wait a few more weeks and pick up a variable voltage/wattage battery - probably the iTaste VV 3.0. That's my next step.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Last edited by Waterboy799 at Jun 12, 2014,
Quote by severed-metal

Not as good, but there is a company developing a new E-Pee that should really fill the electronic urine demographic that is often ignored by corporations.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by Waterboy799
I'm using a 650 mAH Ego battery from Beyond Vape with a Kanger Pro Tank 2 mini at 1.8 ohms for home use and an iSmoka BCC mini at 2.2 ohms for when I'm outside. I just got the Pro Tank yesterday and the lower ohm coil makes it a fog machine. I also have a CE4 tank (with a 2 ohm coil I think) that I keep around if I'm just looking for a bigger throat hit for whatever reason.

I'll vape low nicotine juice (6mg) when I'm at home so I can chain-vape and not feel sick and I'll use a higher nicotine juice (12-18 mg) for when I'm not home and smoke less. Hence the different ohm coils. I've found that 1.8 ohm coils give an unbearable throat hit when using higher nicotine juices.

I've been messing around with e-cigs for about 2 months but I only just bought my Ego battery maybe 2 weeks ago. Apart from supposed health benefits, I just think it's a fun hobby. I've always enjoyed smoking hookah, even way before I started on cigarettes, and these e cigs are a nice alternative.

I'm going to wait a few more weeks and pick up a variable voltage/wattage battery - probably the iTaste VV 3.0. That's my next step.

I had no idea that vaporisers were so damn technical
Quote by Waterboy799

How do you like the Protank 2 mini? Is that one dual coil?

Also I hear variable wattage is better than variable voltage. If you change coils to something with a different resistance, you have to adjust your voltage again. But if you're using variable wattage, it keeps you vaping at the same wattage by altering the voltage based on the resistance of the coil. It's like autopilot, so your vape feels the same without needing adjustments.
Quote by Mack888
I had no idea that vaporisers were so damn technical

Lol I know I threw a lot of numbers around but it's pretty simple. Once you start getting into mods things start getting complicated.

Quote by Amuro Jay
How do you like the Protank 2 mini? Is that one dual coil?

Also I hear variable wattage is better than variable voltage. If you change coils to something with a different resistance, you have to adjust your voltage again. But if you're using variable wattage, it keeps you vaping at the same wattage by altering the voltage based on the resistance of the coil. It's like autopilot, so your vape feels the same without needing adjustments.

The Protank 2 is a single coil. The Protank 3 is the dual coil. My battery isn't strong enough to use dual coil tanks so I just got the single. The Kanger Aerotank look really cool to me and is dual coil. I'm sure I'll be getting one of those after I purchase a better battery.

As far as performance goes, I really like the Protank 2. It puts out more vapor than my iSmoka BCC (remember, lower ohm coil) and the flavor is pretty damn good so for home use I'm loving it. There are a few cons though - because my battery is only 650 mAH and is small, the Protank makes my setup a little top heavy (won't be an issue if you're using a bigger battery). Also, refilling the tank is a little annoying. Because of the way it's designed, I'll almost always get juice on the threading of the base and sometimes on the center tube - I never have this problem with the iSmoka BCC mini. All I need to do is grab a paper towel and wipe the juice off so it's not the biggest deal in the world.

Yea, I've been reading about variable wattage/voltage and variable wattage seems like the way to go. Devices with variable wattage usually have variable voltage anyway, but changing the wattage once and leaving it sounds much more convenient than having to always change the voltage.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Last edited by Waterboy799 at Jun 12, 2014,
Page 1 of 5