Page 1 of 2
So I want to re-do my rig. I need something versatile that would suit a bunch of different rock material.

Ok so my rig now consists of EVH 5150 III 50w with the 2x12 cabinet. Tc Electronic G system for my modulation stuff.

First thing I really hate the 5150, the volume jump from Rhythm to clean is unbearable. I sort of fixed it with the g system but I lost the balls in the clean channel. It's brittle and tinny. I'm also annoyed with the digital aspect of the g system. I prefer older analog pedals.

So on to the material I play. Anything from Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Weezer, Buckcherry, Jet, Saving Abel, Five Finger Death punch, Godsmack, Killswitch Engage, avenged sevenfold, Metallica etc etc etc. So as you see a wide variety of hard rock.

I want to get the Carl Martin Octa Switch and use analog pedals and still be able to switch my amp (whatever amp that may be?) anymore I'm a plug an play type guy. I don't like getting involved with midi or setting up crazy configurations with the Axe Fx or Kemper. I actually owned the powered Kemper and sold it because it missed the feel of a tube I behind me. I also had a line 6 HD100 head and wasn't crazy about the lack of dynamics that amp had.

I love the Marshall 800 sound but need a dedicated clean channel. I'm not a real big fan of the 900 I think it's a thin comparisons to the 800. Ive looked for a Marshall Jcm 800 2205 split channel. That could be a possibility? I've also tossed around getting a Fender Twin and just using OD/Dist pedals?

Any suggestions?
Budget? I say screw it and go used jcm 800 and a used mesa.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Have you checked out the Randall RM? I noticed half the bands you mentioned have kinda classic rock tone. Its tough for one amp to do vintage and modern tones...unless its a RM.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
...get an orange.....doesn´t matter if your tones not spot on....it´s still an orange and will sound awesome ;-)..that my bias opinion ;-)

If your on a budget maybe a used Blackstar ht100?!...I used to have a blackstar ht100 with a 412. Honestly for the rock-cover thing it was spot on. There are so many options on the damned thing that it´s really easy to dial in a tone close enough to the original and easy to switch between channels. The thing was built like a tank and I had it out at least once a month for a little over 2 years and never had any issues...my other guitarist hadone too and the same went for that. I would however recommend a marshal cab instead of the BS....nothing really wrong with the BS 412 but the head sounded much sweeter through a 1960A
I believe in god, jesus and the holy ghost.....or as i call them Angus, Kirk and Lemmy
Quote by Blackst4r
...get an orange.....doesn´t matter if your tones not spot on....it´s still an orange and will sound awesome ;-)..that my bias opinion ;-)

If your on a budget maybe a used Blackstar ht100?!...I used to have a blackstar ht100 with a 412. Honestly for the rock-cover thing it was spot on. There are so many options on the damned thing that it´s really easy to dial in a tone close enough to the original and easy to switch between channels. The thing was built like a tank and I had it out at least once a month for a little over 2 years and never had any issues...my other guitarist hadone too and the same went for that. I would however recommend a marshal cab instead of the BS....nothing really wrong with the BS 412 but the head sounded much sweeter through a 1960A

I actually was thinking about a black start HT club 50 for in the meantime of finding a decent used 800. I prefer 50 watt since I'm isually miked up anyways.
My Randall RM100 is what you want. I have a Fender Tweed (bassman) module, a Mash-all (plexi/800/JVM) module and a Mesa Mark module. If that can't cover your needs, nothing will.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Have you given thought to getting yourself an amp that's great for cleans (Vox AC30, Fender Twin Reverb, etc) and running an A/B/Y Box?

[Dirty Amp (i.e. JCM800)]
A/B <---[Input Signal]--- Guitar
[Clean Amp (i.e. Vox AC30 or Fender Twin)]
[Insert Witty/Humorous Comment Here]
If you want cheap, get an old JCM2000 DSL50. If you want to spend a bit more, Splawn Quick Rod/Pro-mod

I have a 2x12 with Celestion G12h30's and you may want to put a V30 in to mix with the G12h in your cab, or do you want to get a new cab? I like the G12h30 by itself but for the more modern music you play you may want a more modern speaker or combo of different speakers
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
There are so many options when you don't have a budget. Mesa Mark V would pull it off with aplomb.
30th Anniversary Marshall if you can find one.
Just about any of the bigger Egnaters would shit it in too.

However - the 2205 is rubbish. Has the same diode clipper as the 900 that you don't like. You wouldn't like it either I don't think. Harder to mod than a 900 too.

But my top two choices would be an RM100 and a Mark V (or Mark IV)

Greg will just say Rhodes - and he may be right.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I just googled 5150 volume jump and list of mods that solve the problem came up, why not try to mod it first?
Quote by rob904
I just googled 5150 volume jump and list of mods that solve the problem came up, why not try to mod it first?

It adds grit to the clean channel
Quote by Valterra
Have you given thought to getting yourself an amp that's great for cleans (Vox AC30, Fender Twin Reverb, etc) and running an A/B/Y Box?

[Dirty Amp (i.e. JCM800)]
A/B <---[Input Signal]--- Guitar
[Clean Amp (i.e. Vox AC30 or Fender Twin)]

I've thought about it but lugging around extra gear would be pain. And that could be a bit pricey. I have somewhat of a budget. I'd say around 1,500
I think instead of asking us OUR opinions, get your own opinions first by trying out a lot of amps at your local Guitar Center, Sam Ash, etc. You could compare your opinions to ours, and see what we think of the amps you like. After all, it's about the sound YOU like; not us. Just a thought, bro. Don't let other people's opinions control yours. They can influence you a bit, but don't let us conmpletely make an amp decision for you. You know? Good luck on the amp hunt!
Last edited by EquipmentHead at Jun 12, 2014,
1500 what? USD, GBP, EUR, AUD, Sheckles?
ie - where are you located.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by EquipmentHead
I think instead of asking us OUR opinions, get your own opinions first by trying out a lot of amps at your local Guitar Center, Sam Ash, etc. You could compare your opinions to ours, and see what we think of the amps you like. After all, it's about the sound YOU like; not us. Just a thought, bro. Don't let other people's opinions control yours. They can influence you a bit, but don't let us conmpletely make an amp decision for you. You know? Good luck on the amp hunt!

My local guitar center doesn't carry much. Honestly after watching the videos on the Randall module MTS stuff they seem very versatile. Close reproduction of an 800 and a fender twin clean. I'm intrigued.

I am in the states so that would be $1,500 usd.
Quote by Rheil
My local guitar center doesn't carry much. Honestly after watching the videos on the Randall module MTS stuff they seem very versatile. Close reproduction of an 800 and a fender twin clean. I'm intrigued.

Expand your search then, friend. I found both a used guitar and an used amp this week on GC's website. Both were at different stores. Called them up, spoke with the managers who gave me a visual while I was on the phone with them. I asked both straight up if they would have any reservations about buying this item for themselves or a family member, and without hesitation both said these are in great shape and would have no problem buying them for their own use. In the age of the interwebz where feeding someone a line o' shite can get you all sorts of negative publicity, I trusted my gut on these purchases. Plus, at least with GC, if I have buyer's remorse I have 30 days where I can always just take them back to my local GC for a full refund.

Bought both based on their recommendations, the shipping/handling fees were VERY reasonable (paid like $12 for a 75W amp...can't beat that.) And according to UPS, they'll both be here today. So 24 hours from when I picked up the phone to having them in my hot little hands isn't a bad way to go IMO.
I am a StarGeezer: some call me..."Tim."*

* - Heartfelt apologies to Monty Python for blatant plagiarism. Those responsible have been sacked.

Epiphone G-400 "Goth"
Peavey Vypyr 75 Amp
Any used Mesa. They will all cover the stuff you play with excellent clean and OD tone.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by Rheil

I've got the Mash-all+ and the Markus from this guy:
http://salvationmods.com/index.php?page=modifications
And I want the SLO module from these guys:
http://www.jadedfaithmods.com/mts-mods.html

I've also got a stock Randall Tweed, which is basically a bassman with a master volume. Goes from Bassman cleans right up to Neil Young Crazy Horse like
sounds. Nice module.

I've seen RM100's go pretty cheap over in the US. Well, that's where they were made. You should be able to wrangle something appropriate together with that budget.
The power amp on the RM100 is brilliant. You can run just about any octal power tube you like. There's an externally located bias control for every power tube so you don't even need matched tubes. You can just toss anything in there, bias it up and off you go.
Huge, nay, massive bottom end. More bottom end than anybody could ever need but easily controlled to suit your needs.
I love my RM100, it's a ball tearer of an amp.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jun 12, 2014,
Quote by Cathbard
I've got the Mash-all+ and the Markus from this guy:
http://salvationmods.com/index.php?page=modifications
And I want the SLO module from these guys:
http://www.jadedfaithmods.com/mts-mods.html

I've also got a stock Randall Tweed, which is basically a bassman with a master volume. Goes from Bassman cleans right up to Neil Young Crazy Horse like
sounds. Nice module.

I've seen RM100's go pretty cheap over in the US. Well, that's where they were made. You should be able to wrangle something appropriate together with that budget.
The power amp on the RM100 is brilliant. You can run just about any octal power tube you like. There's an externally located bias control for every power tube so you don't even need matched tubes. You can just toss anything in there, bias it up and off you go.
Huge, nay, massive bottom end. More bottom end than anybody could ever need but easily controlled to suit your needs.
I love my RM100, it's a ball tearer of an amp.

A buddy of mine actually knows someone who is selling the tan colored one for about $750 US. He has 4 modules for it. The SL, the Ultra lead and the Brown module. I think I'm going to pick that up. The only downfall is I would have to get rid of my EVH cabinet since its only 60 watts.
Love the 800 sound but need a clean channel? Splawn quickrod is perfect then. For a little more modern sound a nitro would be nice.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by Cathbard

ball tearer

Is that a good thing?

I was gonna say a laney vh100r might do it, but if he's in the USA the randall probably is the thing since he can get exactly (or at least close enough) what he wants for the 3 channels.

bogner shiva might do it, too

i haven't tried it but the cae od100 has (I think ) the rep of being the ultimate fender clean/hot rod marshall dirt amp.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Rheil
A buddy of mine actually knows someone who is selling the tan colored one for about $750 US. He has 4 modules for it. The SL, the Ultra lead and the Brown module. I think I'm going to pick that up. The only downfall is I would have to get rid of my EVH cabinet since its only 60 watts.
You could always run two power tubes (say 6L6 or EL34) and make it 50W. Hell, with the RM you can run two JJ 6V6's (JJ's will handle the plate voltage) which brings it down to about 20W. That way you can sort out the cab later.

Caveat: You have to switch the impedance on the amp down one notch lower than the cab if you do it. So if your cab is 4 ohm you'll have to rewire it.

I had a Brown module, that's the one I had Salvation Mods turn into a Markus.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard

I had a Brown module, that's the one I had Salvation Mods turn into a Markus.

Can they turn any module into any module? Can I send in my blackface module and have them turn it into a Mashall? I probably wouldn't do that just cause the Blackface is growing on me but just wondering. Hopefully I'll be module shopping in a few weeks.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Not always, they usually tell you what is an appropriate donor. If they don't list it drop them a line. My guess is yes because really there aren't a lot of differences between Fender and Marshall preamps. But I'd check first.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
So I got the Rm100 tonight. I'm actually shocked on how much of a beast this amp is. The other guitarist has a Krank rev1 and I couldn't hear him. He wasn't cutting through at all.

A couple things I found odd. There is so much low end that I practically have the bass all the way down.

The other thing is this amp ways a TON!! I'm sort of disappointed I have to lug something around that is so heavy. That's why there is handles on the side and the top so 2 people could carry it.

I have the SL+, Clean, Ultra Lead and Brown module.
Keep the density down. That will get the bass under control.

It is heavy, I have the 212 combo, it's crazy heavy. Just invest in a decent trolley/dolly/handcart, that's what I do. The combo is a two man lift really. I've just accepted that. I don't carry it anywhere, we load it onto the trolley and wheel it everywhere it has to go. It's worth it though 'cause the thing hammers.

And either get a stairwalker or a trolley with big inflatable tyres. I've gone the big wheel route, myself. Being heavy isn't that big of a deal if you are appropriately equipped for the job.
It's a real American thing though, huh? Over-engineered to hell. That's not a bad thing - as long as you work accordingly.

I didn't really like the Brown module. If you are the same, let me recommend you get it turned into this:
http://salvationmods.com/index.php?page=mash-all
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jun 13, 2014,
HNAD!

Even the RM20 is pretty bottom heavy, I love the density knob though. Cleans sound thick and heavy but glassy and crystal clear.*Its a cool feature I've never had before and works so well. RMs are frickin sweet.
I turn the density up to about 2 o'clock when I want a deep chug. Even using my tele which only has a bridge pup it still get's more chuggy than any tele has a right to do. And that's using the Mash-all, not the Markus. Normally I run it at about 10:00 and just crank it up for one song.
Getting the global presence and density right is a huge factor when dialing it in. I run the Presence at about noon.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Keep the density down. That will get the bass under control.

It is heavy, I have the 212 combo, it's crazy heavy. Just invest in a decent trolley/dolly/handcart, that's what I do. The combo is a two man lift really. I've just accepted that. I don't carry it anywhere, we load it onto the trolley and wheel it everywhere it has to go. It's worth it though 'cause the thing hammers.

And either get a stairwalker or a trolley with big inflatable tyres. I've gone the big wheel route, myself. Being heavy isn't that big of a deal if you are appropriately equipped for the job.
It's a real American thing though, huh? Over-engineered to hell. That's not a bad thing - as long as you work accordingly.

I didn't really like the Brown module. If you are the same, let me recommend you get it turned into this:
http://salvationmods.com/index.php?page=mash-all

Yea I wasn't crazy about the Brown module. I chose to leave that one in the box. I went with the SL+ as my rhythm jcm 800 tone and the Ultra lead for solo's and the heavier type stuff we play.
Send it to Anthony at Salvation. All I've been using in my punk band is the Mash-all+ in JCM800 mode. A couple of weeks ago I followed a band whose guitarist had a vertical JCM800 2203 running through the same cab as me (the same actual cab, I was using an RM100 head with my module). After the gig he jumped up on the stage to find out how I was getting such a good tone. So, it's pretty good.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Send it to Anthony at Salvation. All I've been using in my punk band is the Mash-all+ in JCM800 mode. A couple of weeks ago I followed a band whose guitarist had a vertical JCM800 2203 running through the same cab as me (the same actual cab, I was using an RM100 head with my module). After the gig he jumped up on the stage to find out how I was getting such a good tone. So, it's pretty good.

That AC/DC clip for the Mash-all pretty much sold me. That sounds fantastic
Quote by classicrocker01
Love the 800 sound but need a clean channel? Splawn quickrod is perfect then. For a little more modern sound a nitro would be nice.

first thought from OP.

i have the promod (same but with KT88's) and a Nitro (KT88) they are built great, nothing is cheaped out on.

a Splawn Qickrod is EVERYTHING that marshall should have done a decade or so ago. you can go from a JTM45 like tone, to a super hotrodded JCM800. it has three gears (activation of different amounts of gainstages), and OD1/OD2 for each gear, AND a second master you can switch on for a solo. also obviously switches clean and dirty, all three on a footswitch.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
^ He bought an RM100.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
^ He bought an RM100.

missed that. another good choice though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
nice score on the rm100
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Now watch everyone is going to start buying RM's and Randall exects are gonna shit because they stopped making them
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yeah, they stopped making them too soon. Radical departures from the norm always take a long time to catch on. Guitarists are a pretty conservative bunch really when it comes to gear. Hell, even the Les Paul was a flop at first.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Rheil

Why not just get the 3-channel 100W 5150 III?
I had one for a year, & it does everything pretty damn good.

Edit: I've played a couple of the Randalls with the modules (like Cath's), & they are pretty badass as well (will give you the most versatility), if you're looking to get away from the 5150 III entirely.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Last edited by riffhog at Jun 13, 2014,
Quote by riffhog
Why not just get the 3-channel 100W 5150 III?
I had one for a year, & it does everything pretty damn good.

Edit: I've played a couple of the Randalls with the modules (like Cath's), & they are pretty badass as well (will give you the most versatility), if you're looking to get away from the 5150 III entirely.

I liked the lead channel on the 5150 but that was about it. The rhythm channel is okay but it's a different kind of sound opposed to a marshall. I'm so proned to dial up my sound to heavy, I use to play nothing but metal. I'm trying to get more comfortable with a dirty rock sound. I love the sound of the Lee Jackson modded Marshall's or even the Ampeg VL-1002. They don't seem to make amps with that sound anymore.
What's the best tubes to run in the Rm100? Right now I am noticing a lot of low end even with the density knob all the way down. Right now the amp has Ruby 6l6GCMSTR tubes.

Im normally used to tight low end punch which I really can't achieve in this so far. It could be the modules? The other thing I noticed is have the mids and highs close to cranked on each module.
Last edited by Rheil at Jun 13, 2014,
Page 1 of 2