I am wanting to get my own nice guitar.

What I have been playing on is a Korean Fender Strat Tele from the 80's (I wonder if its supposed to be high end?) and well it could use a fret dressing and that could also give it a lower action. But it seems that it has cooler pickups, and I understand hotter pickups are better for a more metal sound. I also have issues getting this guitar to scream loud (pinch harmonic) its something like 1/4 the volume of just strumming.

This is the guitar that I saw and liked, but started questioning if the quality was there? (I never seen it in person just a few reviews)
ESP LTD LMH100QMNT

I live in North Austin, Texas of the USA
My budget is $300 (tax not included in that budget)
New guitar
I think the fender is 22 fret, so 22+ frets
6 string
fixed bridge
low action
something I can almost shred on (even tho I can play like 1 rift)
more of a metal/distortion/crunch sound
No V's K's or strats or jags
I do like the body shape of strats and similar (like the guitar above^)
I also like the switch and knobs on the above guitar, location don't bother me.
I also like the strap button location on strats
I also like 9 gauge strings better then 10's
Not really sure about pickups, but I had a thought of one day putting in some flat and flat black color humbuckers? Only reason I have right now is the looks.

Music I listen to ranges from
Breaking benjamin
metallica
starset
theory of a deadman
The cranberries
Nothing More
Trivium
seether
papa roach
beware of darkness

Thanks,
Higgins909
Sorry, but what is a "Fender strat tele"? Is it a strat or a tele?

And the LTD looks fine, I've heard that it's a good guitar. I personally really like the LTD M series, great guitars for metal.
OMG just realised what I said... its a strat
but im not sure if its Fender or Squire? Squire is in bigger letters and silver/blueish and Fender is smaller and black letters and under stratocaster which is to the right of Squire

Anyone else got some suggestions?
I know how much everyone hates these kind of threads XD

Thanks,
Higgins909
if it says squier on it, it's a squier
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Any fender that is not made in the USA or in Japan is not a high end guitar (money wise), but can be a great guitar to play.

If you play metal or hard-rock of any kind, Humbuckers are what most will use.

The action can be adjusted after you buy a guitar.

I have one of these and it is a great guitar, used they run $300ish

I play Punk, hardcore and Prog-rock/metal and it works just fine
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz

I like the redline HB in the first link, but the price is too high :/ (according to the 2nd link)

I like the Fernandes Revolver in the little icon they have, but I cant seem to find it on the website in that maple top? The only revolver I can get is the X model, but then I could get a case, where are the reviews?
Is $300 a hard cap? If not, that first used one is just $340.

In addition, a little looking around online will find you even cheaper ones, like this one:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Godin-Used--Godin--Redline-II--Natural-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar-110222580-i3785781.gc

As for the Fernandes guitars, the reason you can't find the maple one is because that site is currently hosting Fernandes' "while supplies last" clearance sale. IOW, if you don't see it, they don't have any in stock...and probably never will.

The X series is their entry level line. As such, it may or may not be better than your Squier in terms of build quality, though it may be more suitable for what you want to play. If you like the Fernandes guitars, see if you can stretch your budget and buy one of the better guitars, because honestly, that's where the real value is in that sale. Some of those guitars are discounted more than 50% from they're typical retail price.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

I was thinking I could let the cap slip $20-40 but that would be about it.
Only issue I have with that one is the color.

Im still holding onto the LTD I linked.
Im a broke kid XD I had my dad buy me this little 30w marshal amp at a garage sale, and I wanted to buy Rocksmith 2014, but he ended up buying it for me as a few day early birthday present. Now I need/want a decent and stylish guitar to play on and unfortunately thats asking alot.
LTDs in general should be up to the task, and it IS a sexy axe.

It looks like a pretty nice guitar, even comes with a gig bag, but I may need more then a gig bag. But I just don't know about buying online esp a used without playing it. I hope when I get taken to GC I can play it there, even tho I cant really play, feeling the action and buzz should be good enough for me?
I hear ya about the gig bag- I prefer hardshells myself. Several of mine shipped with gig bags, though, so I did wind up spending the extra dosh later. But I'd still rather buy on the merits of the guitars I look at, not their accessories. Hardshell case is a tiebreaker, not a deal breaker.

Fret buzz is usually fixable.

What isn't is feel. So make sure you like the shape and finish of the neck & fingerboard.; see if you like how the guitar feels against your body.

I just found the LTD guitar I was wanting to get and it seems the maple neck is unfinished? is that a + or -?

I also see many Les Paul style guitars, but I hear they heavy and don't like set necks for some reason. (easyer to just replace the neck when frets are worn?)
But does Les Paul say a kind of metal sound to you? I also don't know if they good for a kind of shredding? I think they have wider fret boards?

Edit: I can have a floyd rose, but I kind prefer it to be on a used high end, a floyd rose on a new guitar in my budget would be too much, and probably harm the quality, I'm still hunting on the ebay.
Last edited by higgins909 at Jun 14, 2014,
Finished or unfinished is largely a matter of preference.

Floyd roses on inexpensive guitars are to be avoided. They're generally more trouble than they are worth.

Most guitars can do metal, but some are better than others. LPs are perfectly fine. Superstrats like that LTD. are more typical.

Aren't those old Korean Squires decent? I'm sure there's a tech near you that could probably make it HH if you wanted. Just an idea
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20