I've been playing a Stratocaster rip-off made by Tenson... For 2 years now.
And it's about time, to change it out, but I don't really know which guitar, would fulfill my desires. So I've come to you guys, because you're way smarter than I, on guitars!
-------
I live in Denmark 17 years old, got a nice paying job.

Budget goes up to 1.500$ as the guitar.

The sound I want, is over in the (Heavy) Rock genre. Queens of the Stone Age-ish, Foo Fighters. Think Dave Grohl!

6 Strings, 22 frets or higher, I don't really know much about action, pickups and bridges, (I'm pretty open for suggestions, if you wanna add something.)

I'd prefer a new guitar, but used is also acceptable.

My current gear sucks donkey D***, and I will eventually replace it all.
Not gonna write in this box, because that's not how logic works.
Dave plays a semi-hollow Gibson. But really any HB guitar should work fine, the amp will make the most difference.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
A guitar, in particular, that you could recommend?
Not gonna write in this box, because that's not how logic works.
$1500 is a very solid guitar budget but i think you eluded to the fact that your gear is a touch low end. So, you might need to address the amp as well in which case $1500 is ok but might stretch a little. A lot of these really boil down to what feels good to you and what style you like. There are a lot of solid choices that will handle the music you like.
Personally i would pick up a mid level-upper level solid state Amp (or a modeling amp) and an American Fender Strat. But as i eluded too these are always about personal preference, you wouldn't go wrong with a Les Paul or an SG either. Take your time, look around and play as many different guitars that you can get your hands on. Read lots of reviews, keeping in mind these are not always accurate but look for trends. If 10 out of 12 reviews say the tuners are crap in reviews then they are, if one guy is bitching about the finish then it is most likely his broken brain. Have fun and score some sweet gear for yourself... then play the hell out of it.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by zenbone
$1500 is a very solid guitar budget but i think you eluded to the fact that your gear is a touch low end.

"alluded", not "eluded."

To allude means to refer to indirectly. The verbs to allude and to mention are close in meaning, but to allude is less direct. It can be translated as to hint at or to offer an indication about.
To elude means to avoid, to evade, or to escape from.

Thank you.
Sister Mary Easter Candle
Grammar Nazi In Training
Quote by Robbgnarly
Dave plays a semi-hollow Gibson. But really any HB guitar should work fine, the amp will make the most difference.

Yeah

josh homme plays a variety of things... a lot of matons which look like they might have proprietary pickups (or not, i've never tried one )

But yeah something with at least a bridge humbucker.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by dspellman
"alluded", not "eluded."

To allude means to refer to indirectly. The verbs to allude and to mention are close in meaning, but to allude is less direct. It can be translated as to hint at or to offer an indication about.
To elude means to avoid, to evade, or to escape from.

Thank you.
Sister Mary Easter Candle
Grammar Nazi In Training

THernks Fer The Grammer lesun, Ifin their is one thing people love on the interwebs it am a learner of Unglish Language, ewe ser have an great future learnin up simpletons like me. We amn't soo gud with the ritten wurd so every lesson be a meaningfull 1.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.