Hi,

I am trying to find the manual for the (Mexican) Fender Stratocaster Electric guitar. I have the one with the rosewood fretboard:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001L8NGTC/ref=s9_simh_gw_p267_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0Y91VTCXY41MWTXXZG11&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846

I couldn't find the manual on the Fender website somehow. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Last edited by darkmav at Jun 12, 2014,
Quote by ethan_hanus
Guitars don't come with manuals...is this a joke?

Have you ever been to the Fender website? Your statement "...is this a joke?" reeks of some ignorance (no offense).

http://www.fender.com/support/articles/?category=fender-electric-guitars

I am not sure which one directly applies to the guitar I have, because the Mexican ones aren't listed here as far as I can tell. I could have asked Fender directly, but I assumed someone here would be able to help me. I believe the adjustments and other possible maintenance tips are different for different models.
Last edited by darkmav at Jun 12, 2014,
It's not ignorance, it's experience. Never seen any guitar come with a manual, ever, and what you linked is not a manual, it's articles on how fender recommends setting up their stuff. UG has the same stuff if you cared to look, it's all other experience on how to properly set up guitars.

A Mexie strat is gonna set up the same way as every other Strat, which is about one of the simplest guitars to set up in my opinion.
Being an asshole won't get you much help. It's a Strat, there's so much literature out there that you won't need an official manual. Watch a youtube video on Strat setups and you'll be fine.
Quote by JustRooster
Being an asshole won't get you much help. It's a Strat, there's so much literature out there that you won't need an official manual. Watch a youtube video on Strat setups and you'll be fine.

You should be banned because you lack etiquette and you probably never will be able to learn it if all you can do is come online and post such crap. Oh well, maybe I should feel sorry for you if you are dissatisfied with your life.

I just asked if there's a manual. If you don't know how to respond politely, why do you have to do it at all?
Jimm K1BS Acoustic
Ibanez 2008 RGR421EXFM
Marshall MG10CD 10W Combo Amp
Paxma 100W Amplifier
Homebrew 120W Amplifier
Quote by ethan_hanus
It's not ignorance, it's experience. Never seen any guitar come with a manual, ever, and what you linked is not a manual, it's articles on how fender recommends setting up their stuff. UG has the same stuff if you cared to look, it's all other experience on how to properly set up guitars.

A Mexie strat is gonna set up the same way as every other Strat, which is about one of the simplest guitars to set up in my opinion.

Found this on the same link:

http://support.fender.com/manuals/instruments/Stratocaster_(1980)_manual.pdf

Thanks for your help
Quote by darkmav

Ok, I stand corrected, guitars don't come with manuals...ANYMORE. And it wasen't much of a manual, more like a propaganda book. There might be aftermarket manuals, but I highly doubt Fender would publish a highly detailed manual on just your guitar, maybe one covering every type of guitar they have.
There really isn't much in a manual to begin with, quite general in nature. All it tells you is what the switches are for and how to work the bridge. You can see an example here: http://support.fender.com/manuals/instruments/Stratocaster_%281980%29_manual.pdf

If you are wondering about details like type of pickups or fret radius, they are shown on the website under "specs" for you guitar model.

You can also email Fender customer support, those guys are great and fast to respond, faster than this forum
Quote by ethan_hanus
It's not ignorance, it's experience. Never seen any guitar come with a manual, ever, and ...

Not true, every guitar I've seen comes with a "manual", well, more of a booklet really, but still. It will tell you which pod does what, how to lower/raise the bridge, etc. It's just that the store will throw it away along with the box, that's why people usually don't see them.
My strat last year came with a booklet/manual that I pull out every time I forget which way to turn the truss rod. Which happens more often than I care to admit.
I had to refer to my Pacifica's manual the other week.
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here