Hi All,
I'm re submitting this thread as the previous one got closed!
I'm new here so be patient with me

Here is my new Lado earth. It took 4 months to build and it's great.
I managed to get my hands on vintage Lado pickups that were originally on the 80's earth model and I prefer them to the EMG I've asked Joe to install. I found the EMG and the Ebony to be to harsh with lots of highs.
Owning one of these was a childhood dream for me so I need some more time to spend with it to give a proper review but from the short time that I have it I can say that it's built great and plays great.

(Invalid img)
Attachments:
Lado Earth.jpg
You don't see those very often in the U.S.A., but I hear that they are first-rate guitars. Definitely not cheap, either. HNGD! Enjoy it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
wow excellent
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It's so metal that it needs 2 hardshell cases.
Guitars:
ESP Eclipse II w/ SD Black Winters
Ibanez S540 w/ DiMarzios
Ibanez RG370DX w/ EMG 81/60
Ibanez RG7321 w/ DiMarzios
Pedals:
Fulltone FB-3
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Amps:
Peavey 6505+
Happy pointy new guitar day!
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Quote by The Judist
Happy pointy new guitar day!

Ditto!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
My fave of all the guitars Adrian Smith has played.

Nice one
Gibson SG Special 60s Tribute
Boss TU-3, NS-2, CS-3, OD-3, CE-5
Ibanez DL10
Fender Blues Junior III
Delta Blue 5 string resonator banjo
Aria Pro II Passive P-J Bass
Aria Pro II Active Music Man Bass
Laney BC-120 Bass Combo
Quote by bish0p3473
That's awesome! It brings be back to Maiden in 84/85. That's the only time I've ever seen a Lado before. Sweet!

Man the Iron Maiden vibe is very strong with this guitar. Very nice. I love guitars with the 80's vibe to them.
Ibanez SR1200E
Since I was a teenanger I always wanted one, but couldn't effort it. There are some guitars that you see that are stuck in your memory for ever and this is one of them. The chances of this guitar leaving the studio, rehearsal room or home are low as it's a bit over the top (-: Playing on it and looking at it every day brings me a lot of joy and happiness. That's what it's all about.

Now for a more deep review:

I've ordered the guitar from Joe. It's probably the last one he'll ever make as he has retired now.

Now:
I've asked Joe to have the guitar as close as possible to the one Adrian had. I couldn't get the vintage Lado logo. Joe doesn't make them anymore so I had to compromise, but after having the new logo for a while, I prefer it to the old one.

When I first got it, the setup wasn't great. The nut installation wasn't great too.
There were two thin layers of plastic underneath the nut to give it more elevation. the nut was carved too deep, school boy error and something you don't expect to see from somebody that has been building guitars for 53 years! On the back of the guitar you can see some of the wood showing from underneath the black colour. It's not great but I don't mind it as I'm a big believer that finish faults give the guitar some character.
I've ordered the guitar with EMG 81,85 pick ups. This wasn't a great combo! Something just didn't sound right. I swapped the EMG's with an old Lado pickups I had. Took the guitar to a luthier to fix the nut and set it up and…..Magic!!!
The guitar is so easy, fast and smooth to play. The pick ups scream but go nice and bluesy when you switch the volume knob down.

In summery ,
Joe is a character! He creates master pieces. This guitar is a work of art. It took some tweeking to get it right but when it's right she just want to play and scream.
Didn't Adrian Smith play one of these at one point?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I almost bought a super strat Lado back in the late 80s. It had a cool wireframe black hole paint job.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
I thought when this thread started it looked vaguely familiar... couldn't place it. Yeah I think adrian smith used one, at least in some of the maiden vids.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Schweet!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
nice
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sounds great and looks wicked man.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Many guitars from smaller builders doesn't look quite right. Skilled guitarmakers but terrible designers is a too common reality. This is certainly not one of those examples of bad design - it is truly supercool.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by HomerSGR
Many guitars from smaller builders doesn't look quite right. Skilled guitarmakers but terrible designers is a too common reality. This is certainly not one of those examples of bad design - it is truly supercool.

You are so right!
I know it's based on the explorer but I've seen so many designs that are based on the explorer and they don't look as cool as this one.