Which amp will be better for me i have a Epiphone Les Paul Junior and i mostly play punk,pop-punk and rock but sometimes i like to play System of a Down
HELP ME !
Peavey Vypyr 30.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Why specifically those two amps?

The marshall is a hunk of overpriced junk. I've never played a fender 85, i know Jonny Greenwood of Radiohead has/does play one, but there are much better choices for what you play, which is what Matrixclaw is saying with his suggestion.

The Vyper wil be far more versatile, and get you a decent sound for what you play

What's your budget?
Where are you?
Gigging or only at home?
Willing to buy second hand?
Quote by jaybals
Why specifically those two amps?

The marshall is a hunk of overpriced junk. I've never played a fender 85, i know Jonny Greenwood of Radiohead has/does play one, but there are much better choices for what you play, which is what Matrixclaw is saying with his suggestion.

The Vyper wil be far more versatile, and get you a decent sound for what you play

What's your budget?
Where are you?
Gigging or only at home?
Willing to buy second hand?

I dont have much(id rather not say) ive been finding bargains and these 2 were the best i could find
Im in england, Manchester to be specific
Only at home(for now)
Yes
I'd definitely go with the 85 outta those 2. Jonny Greenwood is a badass mofo. Thats all
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Deluxe 85 red knob? If you only want good clean Fender tone the 85 will do it. Distortion is pretty awful though. The MG is a boat anchor and no more. For $100 you should be able to find a used Vox VT that will sound WAY better than either of those.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by GreenDayLuke17
I dont have much(id rather not say) ive been finding bargains and these 2 were the best i could find
Im in england, Manchester to be specific
Only at home(for now)
Yes

if we don't know your budget i would suggest a dumble, a mesa roadking II, Mesa MKV, Soldano SLO............

but i don't think its that high.

we don't have your address or phone number nor access to your email, why cant you say how much you can spend. if you come for help, provide necessary information.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
^ yeah that's it.

And since we're at it, I think a TW rocket boosted with a klon might do the job pretty well...
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by GreenDayLuke17
Which amp will be better for me i have a Epiphone Les Paul Junior and i mostly play punk,pop-punk and rock but sometimes i like to play System of a Down
HELP ME !

Get a Peavey Vypyr, a Roland Cube, a Fender Mustang or a Vox Valvetronix (in that order of preference). Go for used ones if you need to.
I'd advise you to save money for a while if you can't afford one of those right now, they're definitely worth the investment.

If you're 100% set on getting one of the two you mentioned, go for the Fender Eighty-Five. With a nice overdrive/distortion pedal it may get the job done.
Just don't get the Marshall MG, they sound awful.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Peavey Vypr or at least a Jet City 20.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Meh New Amp Day! Who needs advice when you can buy an mg!
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by GreenDayLuke17
Cheers guys i ended up going for the MG ahaha

"Let's make a thread asking what amp to buy, completely disregard everyone's suggestions and get the amp that everyone said not to buy," pretty much sums up this thread. Yep.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by GreenDayLuke17
Cheers guys i ended up going for the MG ahaha

Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman

I was just about to post this.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Its threads like this that make me think that Nostradamus wrote this movie:

Quote by MatrixClaw
"Let's make a thread asking what amp to buy, completely disregard everyone's suggestions and get the amp that everyone said not to buy," pretty much sums up this thread. Yep.

Its even worse than that.
He asked about 2 amps, was told neither one but if he must, choose the OTHER ONE.

"Hey guys, I wanna drive on the Autobahn, should I get a Ford Prius, or should I get a bicycle?
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jun 17, 2014,