SO...

I bought a Fender Squier Affinity HSS Strat
It has two single coil standard strat pickups in the neck and middle pos.
And a Standard Humbucking pickup in the bridge position.
I want to remove the two strat pickups and replace the standard humbucker with a Semour Duncan Invader, because it fits my style. I was wondering if, since it has two tone knobs and the pickup selector slide thing, how would those function without any middle or neck pickups? And any information regarding how to do it would be nice
Its my fist modification to an electric :3

This is the guitar.

And this is the finished product example I'm going for, (Ignore the Color and Knobs) It just represents the pickup config.

Thanks
If you don't need the extra controls, why not just leave them off the new pickguard?

If you want to use them, you could have tone treble cut, tone shoulder and volume, and series/single/parallel. I've tried using two tone controls, one to set the treble cut shoulder frequency, and the other to regulate the amount of cut. It allows some nice fine tuning of the tone. Another option would be bass and treble tone controls, which I have also used
Sort of a noob at this stuff.
Do you mean just getting a pickguard that only has a hole for the volume
Knob? (that's the only one I ever use, my amp does the rest.)
I basically only want to turn it into a single bridge pick up guitar.
I'm pretty sure it's routed for HSS, so I'm thinking I just remove the two strat pickups and get a new pickguard with only the volume knob. I don't know the tech that I need to be able to do it.
Quote by owen.lm37
Sort of a noob at this stuff.
Do you mean just getting a pickguard that only has a hole for the volume
Knob? (that's the only one I ever use, my amp does the rest.)
I basically only want to turn it into a single bridge pick up guitar.
I'm pretty sure it's routed for HSS, so I'm thinking I just remove the two strat pickups and get a new pickguard with only the volume knob. I don't know the tech that I need to be able to do it.

I think you need something like this:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/150991840356?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=107

The screw holes might not be in quite the right place, but you can plug the old ones in the body and drill new ones. Easy enough, I've done it many times.
Looking at the photo of your guitar, if you want to keep drilling new pickguard holes to a minimum, try and find an 8 screw hole replacement pickguard.

Your guitar already has holes for an 8-hole pickguard so chances are that most of them will line up with the new pickguard - you may still have to re-drill some of the holes if some don't line up.

If you go for an 11 hole pickguard, you'll have to make 3 new holes plus refill / redrill any that don't line up and you'll need 3 more pickguard screws too!
Looks like you're giong for a punk vibe. For maxium attitude and general no cares given, remove all the pickups and controlls, apart from the volume control and then wire up the Invader. Viola; punk attitude.
All my hobbies are expensive, pls $$donate to my cause$$
cut out pre-amp just left a volume control on my charvel jack#4 and i love it . srv sound single coils / metal out on bottom ,just wire for max tone play 2live/live 2 play