I've taken the neck off of the guitar so I could grab some sand paper to round up my frets (as I've done in other guitars already, it just works miracles to solve the tonality issues that come with use in the most used areas of the neck) and when I went to put it back one of the screws (4 screws, classic, just like 90% of the cheap guitars) gave a ridiculous fight, and it started to get weary, until it got to a point where it's almost impossible to keep turning it.
I've got 3 perfectly tight screws, and this one that is missing maybe 1 mm or half mm to the perfect position. Is it dangerous to put up strings and set it up and use it like it is perfect, or is it not a big deal, since it lacked only 1 mm or less?
Only to add infos, is a Jackson King V, JS30KV, and I intend to use 008. Tomorrow I'll try a trick to take the screw off and put some slippery stuff so it can go easily. I don't have any place that can deliver a screw in less than a week, so, I really need some input if it is a real need, or if it is just luxury.
Thank you.
It's not a big deal. 1mm isn't that critical.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
If the head is starting to round/strip take the screw to a hardware store and get them to match the size.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I ended up buying some new screws, and the luthier from whom I bought them told me they were a little shorter (like 2mm) and a little more thick (almost impossible to notice, but they are), but that it would be perfect if only I took all the original screws out and replaced all of them. He said if I used one different screw I could have issues, but if I changed all there would be no problems.
Is that correct? I don't trust this information much, although many guitar myths still exist today because the correct information is counterintuitive, like guitar woods making no difference whatsoever on tone of electrical guitars plugged on an amplifier, or string diameter not making difference on the tone of electrical guitars, and so on.
The thought seem counterintuitive, why would it work? Although it seems more true if the thing is that they have to be equal.
Anyone can give me a hand on this? I'm in doubt to test this. As you can see, my guitar has not been assembled yet, after a week.

Thank you.