Page 1 of 2
I've been selling albums on the street like a Mexican with strawberries.

Siksense- Higher Than Ever

Old version from when I first posted this thread
http://youtu.be/Yopa_nqeHwU

Most up to date version
-still to much echo and saturation on vocals
-cymbals are short, tiny and have no real impact
-guitar is not how I want it if this were a perfect world or if I just spent more time on it.
-drum patterns seam sporadic
http://youtu.be/8dLkdKMJCdE

Scratched that song, I don't even know what style of music this is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV2EqXWMyzc
Last edited by siksenserecords at Jun 22, 2014,
Quote by Ironic Maiden
racist bastard this is a welcoming society of equals gtfo

Theres nothing racist about referring to a Hispanic selling strawberries. You showing pitty for others though is something people don't respect. Especially when the dude down the street from me was very proud of his business, as am I.
I'm going to assume that all 3 of you liked my song since you avoided the topic of this thread. Thanks for the constructive criticism
Quote by siksenserecords
I'm going to assume that all 3 of you liked my song since you avoided the topic of this thread. Thanks for the constructive criticism

your song was shit

here is constructive criticism: stop
banned
If you are likening yourself to Korn and Manson then you are marketing your flavor to the wrong crowd. You are better off peddling to the "hard rock" crowd who are more receptive to insipid, vapid pandering.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by deadsmileyface
your song was shit

here is constructive criticism: stop

nigga im fukt up
**** all these niggas who aint
they aint even real

Tight ass rap man, id love to here you perform
Quote by progbass
If you are likening yourself to Korn and Manson then you are marketing your flavor to the wrong crowd. You are better off peddling to the "hard rock" crowd who are more receptive to insipid, vapid pandering.

You used the words insipid, and pandering. I don't care about you
As someone who used to really like Manson and KoRn i'd say you need to actually write some riffs and hooks instead of randomly chugging and using too much echo.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Sorry man, Not quite up to standards. To much effects on the vocals. Can't even hear them really. The whole mix sounds a bit thin and to saturated with effects and not enough actually music. You should take it to the crit my mix section and see what tips some of the pro audio engineers around here have for you.

The video could also be a lot better. A bit more time and effort would be well spent here but I'm sure you know that already. I don't mean to sound negative, I just think you have a bit more work to do before you start marketing yourself.

Good luck man
It wasn't that good, but it was terrible either. Just what everyone else has been saying. Less effects, to much saturation, needs more notes and less chugging. I might as well have copied Chem's post.

Also because I want to feel like part of the club.....

TAKE IT TO THE HARD ROCK FORUM!

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
Quote by ChemicalFire
As someone who used to really like Manson and KoRn i'd say you need to actually write some riffs and hooks instead of randomly chugging and using too much echo.

I wanted to say this was a good comment, but what is random about my repeated hooks and verses? At this point you might just want to say that I could have played tighter?

To much echo on guitar? or everything? I don't have very many reference speakers.
Quote by DamienEx1021
It wasn't that good, but it was terrible either. Just what everyone else has been saying. Less effects, to much saturation, needs more notes and less chugging. I might as well have copied Chem's post.

Also because I want to feel like part of the club.....

TAKE IT TO THE HARD ROCK FORUM!

The saturation thing was on purpose, maybe I don't know my speakers well enough?

Anyone that says hard rock, listen to the song "The Devil" on my UG homepage!
Maybe I just need to scratch "Higher Than Ever"
Last edited by siksenserecords at Jun 13, 2014,
Quote by ChemicalFire

Check out "Hate" on my UG homepage, that song was more guitar centered.
Quote by Helloween4Ever
You should be a director that video was so good

I just wanted a filler and I hate posting only a picture on a video website.
Quote by Victorgeiger
Sorry man, Not quite up to standards. To much effects on the vocals. Can't even hear them really. The whole mix sounds a bit thin and to saturated with effects and not enough actually music. You should take it to the crit my mix section and see what tips some of the pro audio engineers around here have for you.

The video could also be a lot better. A bit more time and effort would be well spent here but I'm sure you know that already. I don't mean to sound negative, I just think you have a bit more work to do before you start marketing yourself.

Good luck man

Thanks for the kind words. I just found that thread. Im interested to know what you mean by the mix sounding thin? I cut anything under ~100hz from the drums and the guitars. maybe even 3 or 400hz from vocals. As stated on previous posts there are other songs on my UG homepage with less effects.
Quote by Victorgeiger

Good luck man

Actually as far as the thin sound goes check out the updated version on my account. I added a subwoofer hit, but I'm wondering if there still a thin sound to the guitars/drums.
Im about to post on that thread
Quote by BL1NDSIDE-J
**** man, I'm notorious for double posting and you put me to shame.

Except for the last one, each of those responses was to different people. Should I pick the best comment and respond to 1 of every 5 posts?
Quote by siksenserecords
I wanted to say this was a good comment, but what is random about my repeated hooks and verses? At this point you might just want to say that I could have played tighter?

To much echo on guitar? or everything? I don't have very many reference speakers.

The hooks were weak, the guitars lacked balls. No matter what era of KoRn or Manson you listen to both ALWAYS go for those huge hook and instantly loveable riffs. It's not easy to write a good hook, there's a reason not everyone can do it. The were was nothing really WRONG with the song but it was no where near the compositional pop quality of Manson or KoRn.

Your song sounded almost exactly like what is was, someone trying to mix the chuggyness of KoRn and more ethereal nature of Manson without having the hang of either.

No reason you can't do what you've set out to do, but I'd argue that you've not done it here. Just keep working at it.

Guitar playing in general needs to be a ****tonne tighter too. KoRn may sound loose and groovy... but that's an illusion more than anything.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Jun 13, 2014,
Quote by ChemicalFire
The hooks were weak, the guitars lacked balls. No matter what era of KoRn or Manson you listen to both ALWAYS go for those huge hook and instantly loveable riffs. It's not easy to write a good hook, there's a reason not everyone can do it. The were was nothing really WRONG with the song but it was no where near the compositional pop quality of Manson or KoRn.

Your song sounded almost exactly like what is was, someone trying to mix the chuggyness of KoRn and more ethereal nature of Manson without having the hang of either.

No reason you can't do what you've set out to do, but I'd argue that you've not done it here. Just keep working at it.

Guitar playing in general needs to be a ****tonne tighter too. KoRn may sound loose and groovy... but that's an illusion more than anything.

**** yeah, I think that's exactly what I needed to hear. Im either going to fix this
album up, or just start with the next one. Depends on how the vocals play into it. its still to fresh in my head to be able to judge it with an open mind.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Wow, why isn't this idiot banned yet?

Don't turn into that guy.

I've seen to many people turn into that guy on this site, it's getting seriously boring.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Wow, why isn't this idiot banned yet?

Is this not MY thread that you posted on? Direct that question towards me and then explain why I should be banned. I tried to listen to your music on your link but it looks like you don't have the nuts to let people hear your work. So I must ask based on what your webpage provides and your overall persona, Are you a Angels And Airwaves cover band?
Quote by ChemicalFire
Don't turn into that guy.

I've seen to many people turn into that guy on this site, it's getting seriously boring.

I just redid all the guitar parts, took a shit, and ate some pizza.

http://youtu.be/F4_8Pva3X44

A quick temporary fix to see if a better guitar line could help the song.
Quote by siksenserecords
Tight ass rap man, id love to here you perform

you racist **** its a haiku but you assumed it was a rap because it says nigga
banned
Last edited by deadsmileyface at Jun 13, 2014,
Quote by siksenserecords
Is this not MY thread that you posted on? Direct that question towards me and then explain why I should be banned.

The main reason is because you started this thread specifically to spam your shitty gothic-esque hard rock or whatever.

I tried to listen to your music on your link but it looks like you don't have the nuts to let people hear your work.

I always did love this kind of comment. It's like people think you can't make a comment unless you have recorded your own music.

Also, it has ZERO to do with lack of balls and EVERYTHING to do with lack of time. But, hey...be that guy. "Where's your jams?!" My music is not relevant to the critique of your music, bud.

So I must ask based on what your webpage provides and your overall persona, Are you a Angels And Airwaves cover band?

What? Oh, boy...

I don't even.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
The main reason is because you started this thread specifically to spam your shitty gothic-esque hard rock or whatever.

I always did love this kind of comment. It's like people think you can't make a comment unless you have recorded your own music.

Also, it has ZERO to do with lack of balls and EVERYTHING to do with lack of time. But, hey...be that guy. "Where's your jams?!" My music is not relevant to the critique of your music, bud.

What? Oh, boy...

I don't even.

Nope, started this thread because usually one of every 20 people have something useful to say. You are the 19 other people that will always be jealous of any work that is not your own.
I checked your page to make sure that the comments I was reading came from someone worthy, apparently I will not know if you are or not Mr. Angels and Airwaves.
Quote by deadsmileyface
you racist **** its a haiku but you assumed it was a rap because it says nigga

Nigg3r Is a pejorative word. So explain to me whose racist?
Last edited by siksenserecords at Jun 14, 2014,
Page 1 of 2