Quote by mattgreen2205

"Nah bro, let's make these crustaceans suffer"

Quote by goddamn

However, he said that if there was a possibility that the creatures feel anxiety and pain, then their welfare should be looked at.
Crustaceans are not considered sentient by bodies such as the European Food Safety Authority, and there are no regulations concerning their treatment.

Try reading next time...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Last edited by Skynyrd890 at Jun 13, 2014,
They're French, what else do you expect?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Bloody foreigners, coming over here, stealing our... uhm...

Knowledge, according to that article.

Bloody forners.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
More knowledge is more better, therefore all science is useful.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by mattgreen2205
Goddamm "scientists" have too much time on their hands.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-27812367

"Hey we should totally spend time researching something that'll benefit mankind"

"Nah bro, let's make these crustaceans suffer"

I'm done.

You realise they were "making them suffer" to determine if they needed to be treated ethically? This wasn't senseless torture, quite the opposite it was done to show that these animals might need treating better.
Quote by mattgreen2205
Not necessarily. Do you think the world is better off knowing how to create nucleur weapons?

The money spend on Military R&D could be put to much better use. I'm not denying that some military tech has benefited civilian life though.

The research done into nuclear physics has also brought us many great things, the same goes for military delevopments. All knowledge can be used for good or for bad, but that shouldn't stop us from gathering it altogether.

Quote by mattgreen2205
Not necessarily. Do you think the world is better off knowing how to create nucleur weapons?

The money spend on Military R&D could be put to much better use. I'm not denying that some military tech has benefited civilian life though.

What, you mean the whole space age thing, that was reverse engineered from German weapons projects?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by MadClownDisease
You realise they were "making them suffer" to determine if they needed to be treated ethically? This wasn't senseless torture, quite the opposite it was done to show that these animals might need treating better.

Yeah it was just a joke. I can rarely be taken seriously.
Quote by the bartender
The research done into nuclear physics has also brought us many great things, the same goes for military delevopments. All knowledge can be used for good or for bad, but that shouldn't stop us from gathering it altogether.

We are humans though, of course we are going to use it for bad. Lol
Quote by mattgreen2205

Nuclear Physics is probably one of the most important things for us to know about moving forward as a civilization
Quote by mattgreen2205
We are humans though, of course we are going to use it for bad. Lol

Would you rather have us still living in a cave throwing our own faeces at each other? because that's where we would have been if it wasn't for people going around gathering knowledge

This has escalated rather quickly. I was merely sharing my amusement of the fact that seemingly pointless experiments are conducted on a daily basis.

Of course gathering knowledge is pivotal to our development as a species, but what we should and shouldn't do with the knowledge is what I find concerning.
"We shouldn't do things because I don't understand/hoomuns r bad" is all I have taken from this thread. There are too many people in the world ready to dismiss scientific advances simply out of misunderstanding what exactly is going on or they're the "humans are bad, everyone should die for animals!" hipsters. Though, at least there haven't been any crazy religious weirdos...
Quote by Velcro Man
"We shouldn't do things because I don't understand/hoomuns r bad" is all I have taken from this thread. There are too many people in the world ready to dismiss scientific advances simply out of misunderstanding what exactly is going on or they're the "humans are bad, everyone should die for animals!" hipsters. Though, at least there haven't been any crazy religious weirdos...

Take what you want from this thread buddy
The real issue is, and has always been:

Magnets. How do they work?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Quote by Velcro Man
Though, at least there haven't been any crazy religious weirdos...

#GodIsGood2014
be considerate, not everyone who wanted to be a scientist is smart enough to build spaceships
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by captainsnazz
Cool yeah cos you're doing loads of awesome groundbreaking research right TS

slam

Seriously? You must not know how crawfish are cooked. First you soak them in salt water for an hour or so to make them puke and shit their guts out, then you boil them ALIVE in really spicy water.
It's also a good idea not to eat the ones that aren't curled up because that means it was dead before it was boiled, which means you don't know how long it's been dead.

And you're worried about the scientists who are just trying to demonstrate that they feel anxiety and pain.

I really want some crawfish now.