going to guitar center tomorrow and I looked on the local stores website and they have 2 epiphone les paul guitars I might take a look at getting one
genre wise I'm finding myself leaning to more country and bluegrass style. the tow they have listed are a studio delux and also a traditional pro. if you were going to buy one or the other which would you get for this type of genre
got a little money to burn so might pick one up tomorrow
trad pro is the better of the 2 so I'd go with that. better pickups for sure.
ok thanks hopefully it's still there. it's actually the better looking out of the two also
so another question
other than just knowing from experience which I know a lot here do how do you know which pickups are better. other than playing the guitar is there any way to tell for someone like me that is still new to all of it?
I'm rather new as well but I do have a question for you, Do you think you will ever explore music genres other than country an bluegrass? Are you only sold on just the Epiphone Les Paul's?
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Fender Mustang II V2 Amp
I am sure I probably will explore a little more genres but the country and bluegrass are more the style and type of music I listen to now
Gotcha, only reason I ask when I started I brought a second hand Epiphone Les Paul 100 an the tone nobs didn't work. I exchanged it an Epiphone Les Paul Pro I think, it was nice but I really didn't like the feel after about a week of practicing with it an handling it everyday. I then exchanged it back an went with a MIM Fender Strat an absolutely love it. Not suggesting that you will have a similar experience just seeing if you have a backup just incase you buy it an later on find out it doesn't fit quite right.
Fender Mustang II V2 Amp
later down the road as I get better I would like to get a fender telecaster. but they are a little more money than what I want to spend right now and a les paul is something I have wanted so if they have this one in the store I am probably going to pick it up
Cool Cool, I think I may have pissed some of the guys off at the Sam Ash because I kelp exchanging guitars but hey if I'm spending the money I want to be 100% satisfied.
Fender Mustang II V2 Amp
Shogunai, if they want you to keep coming back to spend your money then they won't mind too much if you swap around a little to start with, good wil;l goes a long way in business. champ198, you will probably find high notes difficult with the LP, across the board really Gibson or Epiphone, but if you can adapt to it then you will be fine, if you can play a Les Paul then you can play anything in my experience. Trad Pro is my pick, don't buy anything lower than a Standard when it comes to Epiphone, and try not to go lower in the range than a Studio with Gibson. Take your time and look the guitar over. I don't have much belief in the whole 'whatever feels best is the best for you' mantra, if you want a guitar badly enough then you WILL learn to play that guitar, regardless if the neck has more splinters than Pinnocio's bell end... Make sure you post some pics of the guitar you do buy. And also, don't be scared of your first guitar purchase, it won't be your last thats for sure.
Quote by dazza027
Shogunai, if they want you to keep coming back to spend your money then they won't mind too much if you swap around a little to start with, good wil;l goes a long way in business. champ198, you will probably find high notes difficult with the LP, across the board really Gibson or Epiphone, but if you can adapt to it then you will be fine, if you can play a Les Paul then you can play anything in my experience. Trad Pro is my pick, don't buy anything lower than a Standard when it comes to Epiphone, and try not to go lower in the range than a Studio with Gibson. Take your time and look the guitar over. I don't have much belief in the whole 'whatever feels best is the best for you' mantra, if you want a guitar badly enough then you WILL learn to play that guitar, regardless if the neck has more splinters than Pinnocio's bell end... Make sure you post some pics of the guitar you do buy. And also, don't be scared of your first guitar purchase, it won't be your last thats for sure.

I agree my first purchase was rather a long process, I did a lot of research an going back an forth to the music stores for over a month. I guess I probably did a lot of over thinking. However I did end up landing a MIM Fender Strat that I love so it was an overall win.
Fender Mustang II V2 Amp
thanks Dazza. I have always loved the sound of the les Pauls for some reason. as well as the telecasters also. it has been a long long time since I played though and am finding it hard to get back in the grove so to speak. my fingers don't seem to want to do what I want them to do...yet but I'll get there.
I played a lot but was back when I was in high school and I graduated in '96 so that gives you an idea on how long it's been.
I really like the look of the les paul they have but don't know if it will be there when I get there. but if it's not I found another exact same thing on Craigslist for the same money so I think I'll be ok there
hopefully I'll be able to get one or the other this weekend
Yeah, I hope it works out for you. At the time I loved how Les Paul's looked an they are still awesome guitar, I guess I'm just a Strat Guy. I bet your grove will come back faster than you think, couple practice sessions then .. BAM .. you'll pull off some ridiculous lick an you say "yep that's it."
Fender Mustang II V2 Amp