So apparently Musicman guitars were being cleared out at local Guitar Centers as of a few days ago. I've wanted a loaded Mystic Dream to complement/backup my Petrucci Koa BFR for a while now, so I brought in a guitar I wasn't super interested in owning anymore and swapped it straight across for this baby.

Review wise: exactly what I've come to expect from Musicman. Rock solid tuning, great tonal variety, a wonderful piezo, and a lovely birdseye maple neck that plays itself. Some photos below. If you're in the market...get 'em now, because the prices are as good as it gets for these guitars new.

Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
Drop-dead gorgeous even.
I am a StarGeezer: some call me..."Tim."*

* - Heartfelt apologies to Monty Python for blatant plagiarism. Those responsible have been sacked.

Epiphone G-400 "Goth"
Peavey Vypyr 75 Amp
Very nice guitar. I have never found one to actually play on but I want too. Love the looks of it. How is the skinnier neck width? I'm 6'4 with big hands and my fear is the neck.
Awesome
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sexy
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
The more I stare at it the more I realize it's one of the sexiest guitars of all time

Is the switch above the volume for the piezo?
Last edited by cheesefries at Jun 13, 2014,
You cannot go wrong with a Petrucci. HNGD! Enjoy the hell out of it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by cheesefries
The more I stare at it the more I realize it's one of the sexiest guitars of all time

Is the switch above the volume for the piezo?

Yep, it's a threeway switch for the piezo. 1st position is just piezo, 2nd is piezo and electric (the Dimarzios) mixed, and 3rd is just electric.

As for the neck, I personally find it to be the most comfy. I think it's about the same as the one on my Koa BFR, so I'm used to it. Nice halfway point, and bending is a breeze.
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.