So, I feel that the life of my amp's valves may be coming to an end. RIP valves, you have served me well.

I could be wrong, and it could be something else wrong with the amp, but this fits the symptoms - crackling, dipping in volume, etc.

Anyway, providing it is that, I've never changed my valves before, and am needing to get it done, hopefully fairly cheaply, as I'm on a budget. I'm rocking a Blackstar Ht Stage 60:

2x ECC83
1x ECC82
2x EL34

I play music from Jack White sort of stuff to Avenged Sevenfold kind of British sounding metal. I love the sound my amp gives me, but no very little about the specific aspects of the valves other than EL34s make it a British sounding amp

I'm looking for advice mainly on brand to go for, and the most economical way to do so - as I say, I'm pretty much a noob on valves unless I'm playing them. Give us a hand? Cheers
JJ makes a decent Ecc83, you may want to try the JJ Ecc803 also
Sovtek 12ax7lps is another solid tube, and I like the new Mullard 12ax7

If you wanna spend some money SED EL34 are what I use in my Marshall, but the JJE34L (yes it is spelled correctly) is decent. You can also use KT77 and 6Ca7 tubes for a slightly different flavor.

And EL34's don't make the "british" tone, that is the preamp design. I have marshall type amps that run 5881/6l6
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
JJ makes a decent Ecc83, you may want to try the JJ Ecc803 also
Sovtek 12ax7lps is another solid tube, and I like the new Mullard 12ax7

If you wanna spend some money SED EL34 are what I use in my Marshall, but the JJE34L (yes it is spelled correctly) is decent. You can also use KT77 and 6Ca7 tubes for a slightly different flavor.

And EL34's don't make the "british" tone, that is the preamp design. I have marshall type amps that run 5881/6l6

What sort of price do you reckon I'd be looking at for a whole set? Are "sets" available to purchase?
Quote by Paddynbob
What sort of price do you reckon I'd be looking at for a whole set? Are "sets" available to purchase?

if you live in the USA www.eurotubes.com sells full sets of tubes for a decent price they are all JJ, but good sets
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate