I'm a rhythm guitarist who knows virtually nothing about solos, so I was wondering what techniques are used in solos by bands like Green Day, Offspring, and Blink 182. I mean, whenever I look for for techniques I always get "useful for blues/bluegrass/heavy metal/classic rock/whatever". I just wanted to see if there was punk stuff out there.
Last edited by mhanrahan42 at Jun 13, 2014,
billie joe seems to have started playing some lead guitar recently- i haven't analysed it or anything but it sounds like pretty standard bluesy-classic-rock type stuff.

some of the other stuff might have more like lead melodic bits rather than solos. I guess that might be punk.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah most punk solos are just angry, pissed off blues solos that got a little ragged around the edges
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
First off, you have to throw technique and discipline out of the window, and then you just rip blues scales.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone