i am going to build my first electric guitar soon and want to swirl it, has anybody done this that can give me some advice on what paints to use and any tips. also is there anything i need to do to the guitar before i swirl it and anything afterwards?

Is it a bad idea to swirl the neck as well?

i'm new to guitars and this guitar wouldn't be used much, mainly just for aesthetic purposes ( i am a drummer you see ) I saw on etsy a few kits, I'm thinking of building an iceman style or sg style guitar and maybe a double neck V eventually, ( the double neck V would most probably hardly ever be used and just hung up for aesthetic purposes).

Any tips on building a guitar are also very helpful, thanks
I won't be helpful but I really wouldn't swirl the neck personally. A guitar is made out of wood and the more wood you see, the nicer in my opinion. Unless that really is what you like then fair enough
i dunno anything about the technical aspects of it, but I agree with Carl LOG, from a cosmetic point of view having swirl on the neck as well would be too much going on, visually, for me. I'm not even that fussed on painted necks most of the time (apart from on Gibson or PRS-style instruments, I mean superstrats and similar things).

Obviously it's your guitar though and you should do what you think looks best.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by charliejuson
mainly just for aesthetic purposes ( i am a drummer you see ) the double neck V would most probably hardly ever be used and just hung up for aesthetic purposes).

Are aesthetic porpoises big on swirls?

Aesthetic porpoises:

i followed the swirlening blog, used borax and the humbold enamel paints. got very nice... make sure the wood you use to hold the body is sturdy, we used a flimsy piece of wood and it bent in the water. Overall loved the outcome of it. Look at the swirl site and then look at a few of the youtube videos for general practical how to. easy peasy... wouldn't do the neck though, if anything tape off the neck and match the headstock.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.