Alright UG, here's my problem:

My amp, my beloved Bugera Trirec broke down today, dead, fried, end of the road.
Now I'm looking into other stuff. I could mainly go from 500 to 800 Euros, my budget is very very limited.
Now I've tried the Blackstar HT100 and the Laney IronHeart - which are both in my price range - and I hated both of them.
The only thing that's kinda left for me is the Orange TH30.
I really like how simple their amps are and I like the sound.
BUT - I play in a modern melodic death metal band and I am the only guitarist. Also, sometimes I'm a stand-in for a black metal guitarist at gigs, also only guitarist there. So what I need is quite a high output and a lot of chunky bass sound.
I know that the Orange can deliver some fine booty to that sound.

But - the famous question - is it loud enough?

I am asking this because I've searched all across the internet. While some say it definetly isn't loud enough to practice and gig with a metal band, others say it is.
My drummer plays quite loud at the band practices, so I gotta stand up against that.
Our gigs are all miced up, but in the practice room nothing is.

Orange users? Can you help me?
Should I get one or should I throw myself into a pool of acid instead?
Error 404 - Signature not available.
The TH30 is VERY loud.

I was in a hard rock/metal band and never gigged with it set at 30 watts. I kept it on 15 or 7 watts and it was always loud enough even with a heavy handed drummer using an OCDP Custom kit and Zildjian Z Custom cymbals all around (Z Customs get annoyingly loud).

I wanted a more vintage sounding amp so I sold it. It was all modern tones in that box. Sounds like it should work great for you.
Last edited by cheesefries at Jun 13, 2014,
I agree with cheese. Ideally it would be nice to have two TH30s. One set for the gain channel and one set for the clean. The clean can break up really nicely on the 15w setting and get a good crunch, then set the gain channel to 30w and let that beast wild.
The TH30 has been the first Orange I've owned and I am very happy with it. Very solid amp, I do not plan on getting rid of it, which says a lot for me. Only thing that is something to be aware of is that there is a significant volume change between the channels.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
It'll definitely keep up. ******edly loud amp, my buddy had one and it drowned my 50 watt SL-X out. I'd grab it, but get some kind of TS to tighten it up, a LOT of ass-end on that one.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Not to mention an EQ pedal can work wonders with it as well, but yeah a TS works great through it. I use both a modded Boss SD1 and a Soul Food, both sound great.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Thanks for all the responses!
To the EG/TS thing: I was planning on that - I usually always boost my amps with an EQ, because I'm a big fan of mid-driven sounds, so yeah.
Sounds good to me so far, although I'm still a little concerned about it.
I think I'll just give it a shot. I really liked it when I played it at the store and if you guys tell me it's loud enough, well - I'll try!
Thanks!
Error 404 - Signature not available.