Pretty short "songs".
Ameliorate is more like a song, but it's still really just a short doo-diddly. The "end" has random riffs I haven't used yet, so ignore that. haha
Nameless is 2 riffs that I got out before having to run errands.

It's been a long, long time since I've written anything, let alone actually sit down and jam on guitar.. But these came out earlier and I felt like it'd be a good start to get back into writing, to post on here.

Let it rip.
Attachments:
Ameliorate.zip
Nameless.zip
"ameliorate"
dont take this personally, but the drums are terrible. its pretty obvious youre not a drummer. try listening to the drums of the songs that influence this kind of style for you and pay close attention to them

as for the rest of it, it wasnt bad. it has potential. but it just seems like its all over the place, and a bit too chaotic, especially since you had 4 guitars; its a bit overkill. also, why on earth were the left guitars at 15?

"nameless"
again, drums really kill it for me. (excluding drums) the opening riff isnt too bad, just needs some work, but the riff at measure 17 just really didnt do it for me. then comes the opening riff again. also these riffs repeat a little too much

all in all, im sorry if i come across as a dick. its hard for me to give a really good crit because this really isnt my style
Quote by pAWNlol
"ameliorate"
dont take this personally, but the drums are terrible. its pretty obvious youre not a drummer. try listening to the drums of the songs that influence this kind of style for you and pay close attention to them

as for the rest of it, it wasnt bad. it has potential. but it just seems like its all over the place, and a bit too chaotic, especially since you had 4 guitars; its a bit overkill. also, why on earth were the left guitars at 15?

I agree the drums aren't astounding.. But they're not "terrible". They are to you, and that's cool.. But I'm not going for "hey this sounds like _____" stuff. My non-drumming "drumming" is heavily influenced by jazz/fusion and Mike Portnoy, where they accent what the rest of the group is doing, but do their own thing. I'm not trying to have the same pieces of the "style" as everyone else. Different strokes, and all.
(I'm sure most people would agree with you, by the way. But I enjoy the drums.. they need refining some, but overall I enjoy it.)

Which part(s) seemed "all over the place"? It's really only 2 guitars. I understand it's 4 guitar tracks, but the "instruments" are separated by color. I use overdriven + distortion for a certain tone in guitarpro. At most, the 2 same colors are the same riff with harmonizing notes, so basically same track.
Also, I guess you had a bug while downloading. The loudest the left guitars are at is 11, and that changes quickly.

Quote by pAWNlol
"nameless"
again, drums really kill it for me. (excluding drums) the opening riff isnt too bad, just needs some work, but the riff at measure 17 just really didnt do it for me. then comes the opening riff again. also these riffs repeat a little too much

all in all, im sorry if i come across as a dick. its hard for me to give a really good crit because this really isnt my style
Yeah. I mostly just had the intro riff repeat after the 2nd riff because I was curious if it would fit, and it did so I left it. lol

No dick-ness at all.

You got a (or 2) song(s) you'd like me to crit?
Ameliorate
I like the first riff a lot. Well, I like both riffs, but I don't like them on top of each other, they don't sound or feel related at all so to me it kinda sounds like two songs at the same time (bar 1-18). I would either split them up and use them at different times or different songs.

The next part is very chaotic and BTBAMy, I like it I think. I don't have much to say about it.

I'm not a huge fan of the slidey riff but I think it might sound pretty cool recorded, that it's just GP5 ****ing things up.

You might be overusing the "all instruments go silent but one" transition. q: The nest and last part is pretty cool, but maybe a bit cluttered. I think it's fine until bar 49 though, then a lot of shit starts to happen with every instrument.