Page 1 of 3
Facepalm.

Link.

Creationist author Darek Isaacs has come up with a baffling counter-argument to the theory of evolution, claiming that if it is true it must mean that rape is OK. A believer in the Bible's version of events, Isaacs appeared on Monday's edition of online show 'Creation Today', where he made the ridiculous claims to its stunned hosts.
*prepares counter-argument*
nah

Last edited by Basti95 at Jun 14, 2014,
only thing wrong with that short description is that the hosts aren't shocked, they think the same thing
I'm actually not sure where to begin.

Evolutionary psychology isn't necessarily adhered to.

Survival of the fittest isn't about survival of the strongest.

The Bible isn't really the ideological shield to protect us from rape.

Biology doesn't reflect daily ethics.

Facts don't issue moral codes or laws.

Bullshit you read any of those books.

Get help.
He has a point.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
evolutionary theory makes no moral claims but this is amazing
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
But.... the Bible supports rape time and time again, such as;

Exodus 21:7-11
Judges 5:30
Judges 21:10-24
Numbers 31:7-18
Deuteronomy 20:10-14
Deuteronomy 21:10-14
Deuteronomy 22:23-24
Deuteronomy 22:28-29
2 Samuel 12:11-14
Zechariah 14:1-2

If we follow Darek Isaacs' logic, which starts with the notion that 'rape is wrong', (which so far is a very reasonable notion to have) and then goes on to question the morality of evolution using this notion, then surely that leads us to the conclusion that the 'Bible', which is where he gets his belief in creationism and which certainly has passages in it that support instances of rape, must be immoral... right?

The point he's missing is that concepts of right and wrong are something that has' evolved' in our species as we developed into sentient, civilised beings, and one of those concepts of right and wrong is the almost universaly accepted concept that rape is wrong.
So, according to evolution, rape is wrong.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Jun 14, 2014,
Quote by Neo Evil11
He has a point.

Quote by So-Cal
it makes sense when you don't actually use your brain to think about it

zing
Quote by SlackerBabbath

If we follow Darek Isaacs' logic, which starts with the notion that 'rape is wrong', (which so far is a very reasonable notion to have) and then goes on to question the morality of evolution using this notion, then surely that leads us to the conclusion that the 'Bible', which is where he gets his belief in creationism and which certainly has passages in it that support instances of rape, must be immoral... right?

The point he's missing is that concepts of right and wrong are something that has'evolved' in our species as we developed into sentient, civilised beings, and one of those concepts of right and wrong is the almost universaly accepted concept that rape is wrong.

Tell that to ducks
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
Tell that to ducks

Ducks are not considered by anyone to be accountable to human notions of right and wrong, regardless of whether the notions you follow happen to be secular or religious.
I expect better of my ducks
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Yes it is.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Woah. probably the most stupid question I've ever read. Congrats whoever the **** you are.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Biology doesn't reflect daily ethics.

Facts don't issue moral codes or laws.

This.

I really hate it when people act like evolution is some sort of noble force for the glory of the human race. You know, that whole idea that natural selection is somehow "right" and the proper way for humanity to evolve and should be strived for.
If my understanding of evolution is right, our day to day actions have absolutely nothing to do with how natural selection works.

"Males propagating their DNA" as a definition for evolution is complete horseshit. Natural selection can't be forced through conscious decision
In a civilized society yes.

In a caveman brain that isn't contributing to the species, unfortunately not.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by E7#9
If my understanding of evolution is right, our day to day actions have absolutely nothing to do with how natural selection works.

"Males propagating their DNA" as a definition for evolution is complete horseshit. Natural selection can't be forced through conscious decision

I don't think males think about making babies when raping a woman. But the kind of persons that do rape, are probably the stronger males who have a chance at being succesful at rape. In that way if all strong people rape, this traith does get passed on and the species may evolve.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Evolution is a lie perpetuated by the liberal university conspiracy to get people to vote for Democrats so that they can turn this country into a communist dictatorship.
The concept of rape only exists for humans. We created it based on a system of morals that do not exist for any other species. There is no 'rape' among animals (there is only behaviour we interpret as 'rape' among animals). Therefore his use of 'rape' as a counter argument to evolution is invalid.

Oh, and natural selection CAN be forced by decisions we make. Dogs, cats, bacteria, extinction of certain species and so on.
Last edited by azrael667 at Jun 14, 2014,
Quote by macashmack
Evolution is a lie perpetuated by the liberal university conspiracy to get people to vote for Democrats so that they can turn this country into a communist dictatorship.

Quote by azrael667
The concept of rape only exists for humans. We created it based on a system of morals that do not exist for any other species. There is no 'rape' among animals (there is only behaviour we interpret as 'rape' among animals). Therefore his use of 'rape' as a counter argument to evolution is invalid.

Oh, and natural selection CAN be forced by decisions we make. Dogs, cats, bacteria, extinction of certain species and so on.

We call those things artificial selection.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by macashmack
Do you have this saved on your computer?

Nah just went and found it. You think too highly of yourself, my friend.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

The point he's missing is that concepts of right and wrong are something that has' evolved' in our species as we developed into sentient, civilised beings, and one of those concepts of right and wrong is the almost universaly accepted concept that rape is wrong.

Most of those passages are a reach in terms of advocating rape, but the one key thing to note is that A) all of them are in the Old Testament, which was under the Old Covenant followed by Jews, not Christians, and B) all were rendered null under the New Covenant (Jesus dying on the cross etc), as were things like eye for an eye, a man shall not lie with a man, condemning adulterers to death, etc. Jesus dying on the cross essentially created Christianity and gave a new set of doctrines, so quoting verses theoretically from a thousand years earlier to support a flawed claim is pretty fallacious.

So....you're wrong, basically.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The guy who made that claim needs to work for The Onion.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Ducks are not considered by anyone to be accountable to human notions of right and wrong, regardless of whether the notions you follow happen to be secular or religious.

What about the ducks? Does it matter if the ducks happen to be secular or religious?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by SlackerBabbath

i consider ducks accountable to human notions of right and wrong
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by sickman411
Nah just went and found it. You think too highly of yourself, my friend.

Quote by Neo Evil11

I wanted to point out his mistake
Quote by Neo Evil11
True, but that is semantics to a point.
I miss the creationism vs evolution thread, it brought the lulz for so long.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Page 1 of 3