Hi guys!

I continued my video-reviews with a comparison with these two nice overdrives. They have pretty much in common tone-wise, even though their designs are quite different (as far as I know).

Electro-harmonix Soul Food is a clone of the famous Klon Centaur pedals. Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive is a Björn Juhl desing hand-wired in Finland.

On this clip I played three different guitars (Custom 22, LP Studio, Tokai tele) with various amounts of gain and styles. All the guitars were played through a Suhr Badger 18 amp and Orange PPC212 cabinet.

Tell us what you think.
Mad professor Sweet Honey OD vs EHX Soul Food

Enjoy!
Last edited by Digital Wrath at Jun 14, 2014,
Very nice video/sound quality. I like this kind of review.
Very nice video, I personally prefer the sound of the MP.
Misha

Music Man Axis Super Sport
Diezel Einstein 100, Sparrow's Sons 2X12
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Both sound great but the Soul Food is so fat. Awesome!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Good vid. Nice comparison!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!