Alright, sorry ahead of time if this is a dumb question but I've been told two different things about practicing that contradict each other and I need to figure out which is true.

I'm trying to learn the basic 12 bar blues shuffle. Ive been playing guitar since February. Ive only played acoustic and finally decided to make the switch over to electric for most of my playing because I'm interested in learning Funk/Blues/Rock. I haven't been really good with keeping a constant practice schedule since I started but now I'm going hardcore with it. I took all the electronics out of my other than the stereo, I'm only using my laptop to access JamPlay and this forum, and I'm forcing myself to play at least 2 hours a day. I hate to say it but so far I'm super bored. I really do love guitar and I know the end game will be SO worth it, I just don't know how to practice or if I'm doing it effectively.

So my question about the video is, am I practicing it right? Ive heard some people say that if you are messing up like I am in the video, you should restart every time you mess up. Others have said to just keep playing even if you keep messing up and getting string buzz. Which is true? I just started to learn this two days ago. I also am learning the bar chord thing for the famous noob song Smoke on the Water where you only play the three low strings. Ive only been learning chords and chord progressions since February so this is my first time attempting to only strum one or two stings.

What do you think? Any advice?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLKxzQX9qrQ
Sorry that its not synched properly. I don't know what happened there. You can hear it in the audio though what I'm talking about.
If you're getting bored then it sounds like you need to learn something nice and easy that is fun to play. You know how to play Power Chords? If you don't learn them and then learn some really basic songs so you can have fun playing along to backing tracks.

Oh, and try to loosen your right hand up! Looks like your left hand is okay, but your right hand appears to be moving from the elbow, not the wrist.

Good luck dude, and never EVER give up!
Quote by BigSmokeDawg
If you're getting bored then it sounds like you need to learn something nice and easy that is fun to play. You know how to play Power Chords? If you don't learn them and then learn some really basic songs so you can have fun playing along to backing tracks.

Oh, and try to loosen your right hand up! Looks like your left hand is okay, but your right hand appears to be moving from the elbow, not the wrist.

Good luck dude, and never EVER give up!

So the buzzing is ok? I don't have calluses still. Just keep playing it through and it will eventually sound better?
Try and learn a few cool lead licks. Nothing to fancy but having some cool things to play higher up on the neck of the guitar can keep things interesting when you are bored of strumming chords.
Ok thanks.

But the buzzing sound is ok right? It's not forming a bad habit or anything right?