Hi everyone!

Just quick question regarding truss rod. It's brand new guitar (arrived on Friday) and was supplied with 10's so I have changed them to 9's. After that I tried to adjust neck with ibanez multi tool but I wasn't able to. Wrench was just spinning so I took closer look to it. It appears to me that there is something missing. See my pictures. It is just rounded hole partially covered by wood instead of hexagonal allen bolt.
Can someone post picture of his Ibanez Premium truss rod just to confirm that I am right or just stupid?

(Invalid img)
(Invalid img)

Thanks for any help!
Ibanez guitars use mm sized allen wrenches. I want to say the truss rod is 7mm. Not sure. They don't use the bell end like Gibson and Jackson does, at least not an any models I've seen.

check the relief before you start messing with the truss rod. You might not need to adjust anything yet. The relief should be around .008-.012 thousands of an in when measured at the 8th fret. (When holding down the first and last fret)
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Truss rods on most import guitars like your Ibanez are 4mm.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
It is 4mm, but there is no hexagonal shape on it. Just round piece of metal. Also if you take a look at 2nd picture you will see the metal part is on same level with wood. I think there should be something sticking out from it.
That is odd... this is mine (RG920)

Are you sure you are using the correct wrench, though? pictured below.

Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Quote by Archer250
That is odd... this is mine (RG920)

Are you sure you are using the correct wrench, though? pictured below.

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I wanted to know. Now I'm sure there is something wrong with mine. And I have the same tool as yours. To me it looks like someone in factory forgot to put allen bolt or something.

BTW: how's fretwork with your guitar? I must say I'm very unlucky with Premiums. 2 weeks ago I bought RG921 and one of fret was soooo bad. I sent it back and my claim was accepted when they could not set action and relief to get rid of that buzz. And now this....
Quote by nooobi
Thank you so much! This is exactly what I wanted to know. Now I'm sure there is something wrong with mine. And I have the same tool as yours. To me it looks like someone in factory forgot to put allen bolt or something.

BTW: how's fretwork with your guitar? I must say I'm very unlucky with Premiums. 2 weeks ago I bought RG921 and one of fret was soooo bad. I sent it back and my claim was accepted when they could not set action and relief to get rid of that buzz. And now this....

Tried one in a store, and that one was absolutely perfect, but mine's actually a secondhand made in early 2012. It came to me with some neck shrinkage which made a few frets pop up a bit. Of course, nothing a good hammer can't fix, but I had a luthier dress the frets just to make sure. In short, the fretwork was impressive, but the frets themselves needed some work.

It didn't bother me much, though; my action blurs the line between "old Fender" and "Martin acoustic"

Also, I just checked. Mine belonged to the IP01 batch. Those had the KTS Titanium rods. Not sure how that would be relevant, but it's worth pointing out that there would be a few differences.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone