From about £120 to £180, play mostly heavier distorted some clean too, one that could record straight to the laptop via USB would be awesome too, my friend has a Line 6 pod HD500 that could record straight to audacity its an amazing pedal, little pricey though

The ZOOM G2.1Nu seems good and has a USB port for recording too, never owned a zoom pedal before though
Last edited by wileyoungfella at Jun 14, 2014,
I wouldn't bother with that zoom pedal but I came in here to say Zoom G3 or 5, without a doubt. Lots of fx and amp models, looper, drum rhythm guide, usb, durable, all very easy to use and at a very friendly price. The G3/5 is several notches above other Zoom mfx. The multistomps are very cool too.
I'm not a fan of gain on any mfx, better off with a bad monkey or sd1 or something for that.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
If you want to hit a cheap Zoom, then I would suggest the G1xon over the older obsolete G2.1.
Quote by wileyoungfella
From about £120 to £180, play mostly heavier distorted some clean too, one that could record straight to the laptop via USB would be awesome too, my friend has a Line 6 pod HD500 that could record straight to audacity its an amazing pedal, little pricey though

If you're not playing live a lot, get the Pod HD (bean). You can probably find one used relatively inexpensively, and they were going for around $199 here (don't know where you are) new several months ago, so there may be some available used for less than that.